Inexpensive hotel New York/NJ

aislynmae

You guys are great, and helpful as well.

The tickets I won cost $635.00 for the 2 tickets,(did the happy dance when I won) and the person who put the tickets up is a customer of ours. He said I could fly into JFK/LGA either one. They will be AA. And of course he will book the trip for me using his miles he put up.

We will not be flying into Newark, so that is out.

Once he gets me booked I will start trying to get something on Priceline, or Hotwire.

Seems like NY has tons of hotels, and streets, its confusing to me. But I will do more looking around, and read as much as I can on the city. All the trains/subways, taxis.......lot to take in.

Thanks "ya'll"

Seems like NY has tons of hotels, and streets, its confusing to me. But I will do more looking around, and read as much as I can on the city. All the trains/subways, taxis.......lot to take in.

Thanks "ya'll"

Try not to take it all in though...:D! NYC will be very confusing for you since it's your 1st visit. Just check out the subway maps whenever you know you want to take the subway...don't try to memorize all the subway letters and the routes they take. Taxi's are very easy, but will be much more expensive the further you go.

We typically walk a lot, but will take a taxi sometimes, depending on the weather and how many blocks we need to go. We take the subway if we have a long distance to go--Ex: going from Midtown to Lower Manhattan. The subway is much cheaper.

I hope you guys have a wonderful time!!

You guys are great, and helpful as well.

The tickets I won cost $635.00 for the 2 tickets,(did the happy dance when I won) and the person who put the tickets up is a customer of ours. He said I could fly into JFK/LGA either one. They will be AA. And of course he will book the trip for me using his miles he put up.

We will not be flying into Newark, so that is out.

Once he gets me booked I will start trying to get something on Priceline, or Hotwire.

Thanks "ya'll"

Good luck on your search.

Hello all,

We are going on cruise out of Mahatten in Oct 2012. Looking for an inexpensive hotel (if there is such a thing)

We have only been to NY once for an overnight stay and we were in NJ.

We would like to see some sights in NY before the cruise.

Not even sure how to go about all this...... Like where do we keep our bags the day of the cruise after checking out of the hotel, while we sight see? Transporation to the pier?

would like to buy some soda's for the cruise, where?:confused:

I read some stuff about the path, and the busses, but taking your luggage? Is this doable?

Any help on the questions would be great.

Hello We are staying at the StayBridge Suites,(Holiday Inn chain, I think) by Times Square in August for $243.00 per night for 4, includes full breakfast and managers reception(wine/beer, appies) Almost all reviews are really good. Check out TRIP ADVISOR etc. I found this my self but TA advised it was rated #7 out of 250 hotels. I heard that the street is only ok, but hotel is great and lots of positive reviews. Will let you know after we are back (after August 14th). You can book through them directly and there is a 100% refund if you cancel. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

We booked the Hotel St. James for two nights prior to our cruise. Walking distance to Times Square, about a mile from the cruise port. We snagged a deal for approx $350 for two nights.

BUT! Realize this is a bare bones place to stay, with NO frills whatsoever.

Our stay will give us a night to see Times Square, and the next day to see other sights.

We plan to cab it from LGA to the hotel, and from the cruise port back to the airport.

Just saying........:rolleyes:

Archived