Denali Tundra Wilderness Tour

bearrabbit

Our land tour will leave Fairbanks in the morning and go to Denali. The 7 hour Tundra tour starts in the afternoon. I don't know what time we'll arrive in Denali but I assume we won't have much time before starting the 7 hour tour. Is there some place where we can grab a sandwich in a hurry? Can you eat while on the Tundra Wilderness Tour? I understand that during that 7 hour tour they give you an inedible 'lunch box' with elk jerky, a dry biscuit, and an apple and that's it ---- my husband is diabetic so I need to make sure I can get something for him to eat before the tour starts ----- then I'll just bring some energy bars in case he needs something along the way. Thanks for any suggestions.

I would suggest you always have ready snacks, either pick them up in Fairbanks or from home. Energy bars aren't going to make it if you need food half way through your bus trip. A suggestion, are the cracker packs, even a jar of peanut butter and box of crackers. :) A can of regular soda, can be a life saver.

As mentioned there are a few "fast food" options walking distance from the Princess lodge and most hotels have take out food packages available for the Denali Park buses.

Archived