First time Princess cruiser

Valp41

We are booked in a category E obstructed cabin on a guarantee on Diamond Princess. E326 is open.

On the deck plans it looks like it is unobstructed. Has anyone stayed in this particular cabin and if so would you let me know your thoughts on it. I do not know whether to go with booking it or staying with the guarantee.

Thank you

Val.

Hi.

There is a thread on here which has great pictures of obstructed views. E326 has a clear view.

Search for the thread, it was last commented on, on 1st July. It was started by Renmar. On the first post there is a link to a website where you can choose the ship and cabin number and it will show you the view from the window.

:D:D

Hi.

There is a thread on here which has great pictures of obstructed views. E326 has a clear view.

Search for the thread, it was last commented on, on 1st July. It was started by Renmar. On the first post there is a link to a website where you can choose the ship and cabin number and it will show you the view from the window.

:D:D

Thank you so much for your reply. I looked at the picture but could not believe it was so clear. I do not see an obstruction at all so I am wondering what the catch could be. This cabin is open and I think I may go for it. What do you think?

Val.

Before commiting to the cabin, be sure the price is the same or the increase is acceptable to you

I will do. Worried about first Princess cruise. It is a 38day cruise and do not want to be stuck with a cabin with huge obstructions.

val.

Thank you so much for your reply. I looked at the picture but could not believe it was so clear. I do not see an obstruction at all so I am wondering what the catch could be. This cabin is open and I think I may go for it. What do you think?

If it is in the category you have booked, contact your TA or Princess (if no TA) and reserve it. There will be no change in price to do so.

It could be possible that there's ropes or something else that's insignificant to many, but bothersome to others -- which would be why those cabins are also in the obstructed category. We usually book insides, but we had booked very late on our last cruise and the lowest category available on that day was OOV. It really wasn't that bad, just some ropes, other devices, which didn't bother us at all and we actually had a view much of the time. It just depends on how picky one is.

I will do. Worried about first Princess cruise. It is a 38day cruise and do not want to be stuck with a cabin with huge obstructions.

val.

Go for the least obstructed view. You willl enjoy the long cruise and you might still get an upgrade to an unobstructed view or higher if you let your Travel Agent know what would be acceptable.

~Doris~

Archived