Need help figuring it all out!

lacruise

Going to Bermuda for the first time next week on the Norwegian Star! We'd like to visit a few beaches to do some jet skiing, snorkeling and just relaxing. Some of the boating excursions look good but somewhat expensive. Anyone have recommendations as to what boating trips (sunset cruise, glass bottom, etc.) are worth it. Which beaches are best for our purposes? Also, I hear the public transportation is easy. Where do the buses and ferries leave from and how do we figure out which one goes where? Thanks for any help, since we've never been there we could use it!

Going to Bermuda for the first time next week on the Norwegian Star! We'd like to visit a few beaches to do some jet skiing, snorkeling and just relaxing. Some of the boating excursions look good but somewhat expensive. Anyone have recommendations as to what boating trips (sunset cruise, glass bottom, etc.) are worth it. Which beaches are best for our purposes? Also, I hear the public transportation is easy. Where do the buses and ferries leave from and how do we figure out which one goes where? Thanks for any help, since we've never been there we could use it!

I'll start -

Jet skiing can only be done as part of a tour and won't be off the beach.

The most popular beach with the tourists is

on the South Shore. From HSB, it is an easy walk to these beaches: Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Cove , and Warwick Long Bay

The more popular beaches for snorkeling are

(shallow & well portected; near St George) and
(not; along the South Shore).

There is a printable map of Bermuda with bus routes and some attractions here.

Where the Star docks, you'll be within a 5 minute walk to the bus/ferry/taxi.

For buses, Hamilton is the hub. Buses are either inbound to Hamilton or outbound from Hamilton. There are only 11 major bus routes that cover the island, and as a tourist, you will use only about 3.

For ferries, the major routes for the tourists are Hamilton <> Dockyard and Dockyard <> St George.

To pay for bus/ferry fares, buy a multi-day transportation pass which is good on both the bus and ferry. FYI, cash is not accepted on the ferry but exact change is accepted on the bus.

SBtS

thanks for your help. where do you buy the bus and ferry pass? i'd like to book some excursions but not through the cruise ship - any suggestions? also, any idea what norwegian's policy is on bringing wine or alcohol aboard?

thanks for your help. where do you buy the bus and ferry pass? i'd like to book some excursions but not through the cruise ship - any suggestions? also, any idea what norwegian's policy is on bringing wine or alcohol aboard?

This comes up on the NCL board a lot. NCL does not allow you to bring alcohol on-board. You can bring wine but need to pay corkage fee, I think it is 15.00 per bottle. This information should be in your Welcome Aboard materials if you received it. The luggage will be scanned and anything looking like alcohol bottles will cause your luggage to not be delivered to your room. You will receive a note and will need to go and get your luggage after it is searched. The alcohol will be confiscated and not returned.

I hope that this helps.

You will buy the tokens and transportation pass at the Visitor Information Center. Each wharf has one and there is one close to the ferry dock.

If this is your first time in Bermuda, a guided tour may be the best option for you. There is an ongoing thread in the current forum that discusses tour guides. The title of the thread is Bermuda private guide.

Here are somethings you could do:

The bus route number follows the activity

SBtS

Archived