Balcony Guarantee on Indy on 6th Oct 12

Hi All

Thinking about bookng this cruise, I am just off and cant wait to get back on.

Was considering a Balcony Guarantee which I have never done before always just book Balcony of my choice. Does anyone know how long do they usually take to assign you a cabin, and furthermore can you change it if you dont like the position?

They have got the cabin I want available however its £1000 more than a guarantee........... Oh the dilemma.

Thanks for any help or advice.

They can assign as soon as you make payment, or you won't know until you get to the pier. It varies and no one knows what will happen.

If you are assigned and there is another cabin IN THE EXACT SAME CATEGORY AS YOU HAVE BEEN PLACED available that you like better, call and ask to be moved to that cabin. You cannot change categories but you can change within the same category as placed. If you want to change categories, you'll have to pay the prevailing rate for it.

That's a pretty large price difference. I think I'd take my chances on the guarantee. Once your room is assigned you can call and see about switching it to a different room in the same category if you don't like what they give you.

Did a balcony guarantee a few years ago and got a D1. Remember our rules in the States are different to the UK as you don't say where you are from.

Hi Paddington

I am from the UK there will be 2 Adults and 2 kids and we are Diamond if that makes any difference?

Hi All

Thinking about bookng this cruise, I am just off and cant wait to get back on.

Was considering a Balcony Guarantee which I have never done before always just book Balcony of my choice. Does anyone know how long do they usually take to assign you a cabin, and furthermore can you change it if you dont like the position?

They have got the cabin I want available however its £1000 more than a guarantee........... Oh the dilemma.

Thanks for any help or advice.

hi celticfc

we were on indy this year june2 booked balc gty ended up with a d2,fantastic room £1000 less than d2 price,there are no obstructed balcony cabins on indy,we have also booked oct 6 in a js gty :)

when you get your room assignment and you see a room in the same catt

phone rci and ask if you can change your room,if you get no joy ring again

and ask again 9 times out of ten you will get a different answer,good luck:)

hi celticfc

we were on indy this year june2 booked balc gty ended up with a d2,fantastic room £1000 less than d2 price,there are no obstructed balcony cabins on indy,we have also booked oct 6 in a js gty :)

when you get your room assignment and you see a room in the same catt

phone rci and ask if you can change your room,if you get no joy ring again

and ask again 9 times out of ten you will get a different answer,good luck:)

Thanks for your advice I hope I will be there again on 6/10 only back 2 weeks and missing it.

Archived