NCL Sea...

Jade2Have

Hey! I hope someone will know the answer to this.... I have heard of a port in Galastin TX but not Houston.. I don't know where to tell the cab driver to take us when we get to Texas. Is there a port in Houston? What is it called? Hope someone can help.. Thank you!

We are leaving for Texas July 2nd!!! :D

We leaving in a couple of days, but we're renting a car and driving. I had requested similar information so that we know where we're headed. This thread should have the information that you need: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=162280 I think the instructions are about 10 posts down.

By the way, our friends went last June, and the taxi driver got lost. If you start heading across the big bridge, you've gone the wrong way. I'd make sure you look at the information on one of the internet map programs and have a good idea of where you're headed :D .

We just got back from our cruise on the Sea. Took a taxi from Bush airport to La Porte and it was about $70. I had the directions fro the driver and he was grateful. Nice quiet ride. While on the the ship we bought bus transfer vouchers for $20pp. That came to $40 total. Couldn't take advantage of the early off program and when we got off the bus and found our luggage we ended up standing in a long line to wait for three buses to load before us. When we finally got on the bus the driver headed off for Hobby airport! All on board were going to Bush! Someone figured it out and the driver go off in down town Houston in the middle of a darn parade. We wandered side streets until we got back on the expressway and made it to Bush International but the driver went to the wrong terminal first and then took us to the international terminal. By this point we were just happy to get off the bus! The extra $30 the taxi would have cost would have been well worth less stress.

When you get to the Bush airport, you can purchase bus transportation through the cruiseline. It is $20 per person and is charged to your onboard account. At least you know the driver will not get lost.

We are flying into Hobby on the 21st, and we are using Kay's Transportation. He said a van would be waiting at the airport, and its $35 to the port. They will also bring us back for the same price and we have 5 in our party. He is not sure how much longer they will get to be in business, at least through June I think. Something to do with some changes regarding insurance. If you would like to call them, the number is 832-265-5049. The NCL transportation is a good deal, unless like us you have several people in your group.

Archived