iPad experiences on NCL?

SMuFlo

I have Ibooks, Kindle, Nook and Overdrive (library) on my Ipad and Iphone and they all work great. However, I still prefer the size of the Kindle when doing any long term reading so will bring it along. Was really hoping for a Ipad mini announcement. :D

Speaking of Ipad, can anyone direct me to a good easy to understand tutorial on downloading pictures to a windows computer? My computer is showing some strange type files I can't open and I have tons of duplicates on my Iphone. Would love a site like Mobilreads. Thanks!

I recently stayed in the OS on the gem and could not connect to the tv with an HDMI cable and adapter from my macbook as it would not allow me to change imputs.

My understanding is that these customized institutional or hotel HDTV with HDMI port but even older analog TV with front RGB video/audio ports) have pre-installed firmware and/or software restrictions that block changes to the input sources, which allow hook up to laptop, DVD player or iPad as an external monitor.

Both the input source buttons on the HDTV and the remote are blocked - but, it is sometimes possible, to do a Master Reset by first safely unplugging the power, and then disconnect the RG-59 and/or phone style network cable on the back of the TV that provide the distributed signal, and then connect your own source before powering it back up. You will lose access to ship's TV programming & infommercials, etc.

Depending on the TV brand/model, the restrictions might be set by password and/or can be reset by pushing/holding down a combination of panel bottoms while restarting the TV.

None of this proven on NCL ships but if someone is daring and willing to give it a try, feel free to go ahead and share your results. We will be sailing on the GEM and will have a closer look.

Archived