Grand Cayman, Hell, Turtles and Stingrays

murph1031

Has anyone done this excusrion on Grand Cayman,

Stingray Sandbar, Hell & Turtle Farm Experience

It tells me it last 4.5 hours, we have 7 hours on the island, which I'm sure doesn't include docking time and getting off the boat. If we do this excursion, will we have time to shop downtaown before getting back on board?

Sailing Saturday from Tampa.

Yes you should but without looking at the website wasn't there an option that didn't have Hell in it? Like Stingrays and Turtles? If so I would do that to skip this boring place called Hell and have more time to shop. Its just a shop with some weird looking rocks behind it. Tourist trap.

Was very under-impressed with Hell and thought the turtle farm overpriced for the experience.

Grand Cayman is a tiny little town that is extremely easy to get around in. Buses are $2pp and are super simple to get on and off. Drivers are friendly and informative. Don't be afraid to take off and explore on your own for the day!

I have been to the turtle farm twice and loved it! I did the hell, stingray and tutrle farm one one time and then just turtle farm and hell the other. I didn't really like the stingray part only because I was totally scared when the stingrays swarmed me and the tour guide had to pull me away from them all- those are obviously still barbed (unlike a excursion in Nassau). Hell really isn't anything worth going to other than it was part of the trip and you can mail yourself and others a postcard back postmarked from hell. I would totally recommend the turtle farm.

By the way, the stingrays are very friendly but there will be people in the water screaming because of them. I would think a stingray would be more apt to hurt someone who is screaming and acting crazy than someone who is standing still relaxed. Please people, don't scream!

Been to Cayman three times, twice I booked an excursion via Carnival and it was cancelled due to weather...no storms, no rain, just got windy. So we went to Hell and the Turtle farm, interesting, but just ok.

The best bet is to book your own excursions and you will save quite a bit of money that way. Our captain took his boat right past where it was packed with Carnival folks and took us to a nice place to swim and snorkle. THEN when he knew the others had left took us back to the stingrays and it is a blast. The crew gave us a areally educational lecture on the rays, the do's the dont's etc. The price included to a bus to and from his boat, all very professional. I am sorry, but forget who we went with, but if you go to the port forums and I am sure folks will have a great deal of 411 for you. Lydia of Ohio

P.S. we had plenty of time to shop and even stoped at a restaurant for a snack and a beer.

The turtle farm was kind of depressing. As others have said, Stingray City is one of the best excursions going. I would do that part of the excursion again in a heartbeat.

You need to go to Hell once to say you have been there. It's a Been there done that kinda thing.

I comepletely agree... The Stingray city portion is a must do... the hell is a can do if you have time:confused::cool:. The Turtle farm is cool but so much cooler when you get to swim with them in the wild... so more cool to be able to hold and see the babies. You can see all of the stops in the first portion of my Valor review in my signature. Enjoy your cruise what ever you decide.:D ;)

Archived