Pls help with 3 day Bermuda itinerary

mythreesons5

Our cruise on NCL Star is a little over 3 weeks away and I have been researching and reading the boards and now want to plan our days!

We are a family of 5, myself and husband and 3 sons, ages 23, 21 and 15.

This is what I have so far.... any suggestions or tips or ways to use our time more wisely would be greatly appreciated.

Day 1 Wed ( arrive at 8am) Head out around 9:30, purchase 3 day trans

passes. Take taxi to Somerset Bridge Watersports for 70 min jet

ski tour. Take bus to Horseshoe Bay. Eat lunch at beach and walk

to neighboring beaches. Rinse off and change and take bus to

Swizzle Inn (south shore one) and try a rum swizzle. Bus to

Hamilton. Dinner at either Hog Penny or Pickled Onion (any thoughts

on which would be better) and Harbor nights. Ferry back to

Dockyard.

Day 2 Thurs - start out around 10 am. Purchase sandwiches etc to

pack a lunch. Quick visit to sea glass beach and then taxi to

Somerset bridhe for 4 hour boat rental.

Bus back to dockyard, dinner on ship. Music and drinks at

Frog and Onion pub.

Day 3 Fri - Start out around 9, Ferry to St George and to Tobacco

Bay (can you walk to beach from ferry stop?) Lunch either

at beach and ferry back to dockyard around 2.

Walk around dockyard until time to reboard.

Very busy days but just trying to fit it all in! Again I welcome any and all suggestions from those who have been to Bermuda before. Of course mother nature could change all plans if weather doesn't cooperate but then we will just have to be really flexible!

T

I think your plan looks good.

minor comments:

day 1, after walking to neighboring beaches, you 'll have to return to Horseshoe Bay to rinse off and change because HSB is the only one with full facilities.

day 3, yes you can walk to Tobacco Bay from the ferry dock, but taxi/van would be quicker.

As long as you are comfortable about being that far from your cruise ship on departure day, then the plan looks good. You know what they say; the best laid plans of mice and men ...... Carry a good watch, know your options to get back to the cruise ship, and to be on the safe side, on day 3, carry your passports with you.

SBtS

I think your plan looks good.

minor comments:

day 1, after walking to neighboring beaches, you 'll have to return to Horseshoe Bay to rinse off and change because HSB is the only one with full facilities.

day 3, yes you can walk to Tobacco Bay from the ferry dock, but taxi/van would be quicker.

As long as you are comfortable about being that far from your cruise ship on departure day, then the plan looks good. You know what they say; the best laid plans of mice and men ...... Carry a good watch, know your options to get back to the cruise ship, and to be on the safe side, on day 3, carry your passports with you.

SBtS

I truly agree on the last day recommendations! I never like to be far from the port when I have to leave at a certain time. I just always think of Murphy's Law!:)

Good point about last day in Bermuda. I don't want to spend the day worrying about missing the ship! Any thoughts on rearranging my plans? The jet skiing and boat rental are the most important things that my sons want to do so I would like to still do them the 1st two days. I was trying to minimize the traveling as much as possible....

Good point about last day in Bermuda. I don't want to spend the day worrying about missing the ship! Any thoughts on rearranging my plans? The jet skiing and boat rental are the most important things that my sons want to do so I would like to still do them the 1st two days. I was trying to minimize the traveling as much as possible....

I'm still thinking about our firat 2 days but I know the last will be the dock yard area. If I were to go out of the general area I most likely would do a cruise hip sponsored activity. While they don't guarantee waiting that would be the best way in my eyes anyway

St. George isn't a good choice for the last day because of limited transportation options and the length of the trip back to Dockyard. All you need is a cancelled ferry run, an overcrowded ferry you aren't allowed to board or some other issue and you'll find yourself scrambling to get back to the ship on time. We've seen it happen and two years ago we helped a family that was going to miss their ship get in touch with the harbor master who contacted the ship and got the captain to agree to hold the ship for them.

Perhaps you can do the St. George leg on day 2 and do at least some of your day 2 activities on day 3 instead.

After reading the replies to my original post I have rethought our plans. I can definantly see that going to St. George on last day is not a wise idea. So my thoughts now are :

Day 1 Jet ski with Somerset Bridge, Horseshoe Bay and adjoining beaches

and Harbor Nights in Hamilton.

Day 2 Ferry to St George and go to Tobacco Bay and maybe caves and

Swizzle Inn. Ferry back to dockyard, ship for dinner and then maybe to Frog and Onion at dockyard for drinks and music.

Day 3 Maybe do Sail and Snorkel 9am to Noon (its a NCL excursion which

was avoiding but that way the ship wont leave without us if there

is a problem!) then sea glass beach and walk around dockyard

until departure.

Again, I would really appreciate any suggestions.... its our 1st trip to

Bermuda and there just seems like so much to do!!!

Archived