Tour vs Shuttle in Denali?

CathyCruises

We have done both, other than the lunch I didn't see much difference. All the buses stop for animals and photo stops. I would recommend you go farther than Toklat if you can, that's too short a trip to see much. Even though it seems like a long time on a bus the shuttle stops frequently for rest rooms, and we were so busy seeing animals the time flew by. On our July 11 trip we saw more moose and bear than we could count, as well as lynx, fox, wolf and elk. AND Mt. McKinley on a rare sunny day!!! We went to Wonder Lake, but a great view can be had from the Eileson Visitor Center.

We have done both, other than the lunch I didn't see much difference. All the buses stop for animals and photo stops. I would recommend you go farther than Toklat if you can, that's too short a trip to see much. Even though it seems like a long time on a bus the shuttle stops frequently for rest rooms, and we were so busy seeing animals the time flew by. On our July 11 trip we saw more moose and bear than we could count, as well as lynx, fox, wolf and elk. AND Mt. McKinley on a rare sunny day!!! We went to Wonder Lake, but a great view can be had from the Eileson Visitor Center.

There is no elk in Denali Park, must have been Caribou you saw.

We are in Fairbanks now and it's cool and drizzly. Hopefully by the time we get to Denali it will have cleared somewhat

Even if not, take the shuttle bus anyway. The weather inside the park can often be vastly different than at the entrance. VASTLY.

Archived