Between the Pitons Catamaran Cruise

RADGIRL80

Has anyone done this excursion? I am particularly looking at the one offered by NCL. It sounds nice but how much actual time is spent at the beach? Is it worth it?

I originally wanted to do a Cosol tour but I'm not sure I want to spend so much time in a van. I looked into the land/sea tour offered by Spencer, which is what I would ideally want, but it's $88/person which sounds like a lot!

I'm struggling on what to do in St. Lucia! Please help! :o

While I have not done this tour - and frankly have no experience with it - I can tell you that, at 4 hours, it will be very little time at either stop for swimming, etc. The sail down is approx. 45 min-1 hour each way - that leaves very little time for stops and lunch, etc. And Anse Cochon, where they serve lunch and swim, is about halfway between Castries and the Pitons. So, it sounds very much like you will be heading down to the Pitons, sail between them, perhaps jump off at Jalousie (the beach there) for a walk around and then back on the cat for the sail back up to Anse Cochon and about 1-1.5 hours there for swimming and lunch, then back to the ship. Very little time at or near the Pitons (you can't see them from Anse Cochon)

Spencer's tour mich be more expensive - but it is also much longer with lots more time at the beach, unlimited drinks all day (not waiting till after lunch at Anse Cochon), full lunch, stops on the way back for the bat cave, Marigot Bay, the ady Slipper rock arch, etc. Definitely worth it in my opinion.

either way, enjoy.

We did a tour with Cosol in January and it does involve a lot of driving on winding mountain roads....but we really did enjoy our tour with him. At Soufriere we went by boat to Jalousie Beach where we spent about 45 mins snorkeling, swimming or on the beach. The boat trip was very invigorating with lovely scenery. There were people at Jalousie who had come on Spencer's boat excursion and they had a great time.

We did Spencer's Jalousie Beach Break tour in Feb. and it was great. He got us to the beach before anyone else, so we had our pick of the best loungers...

The snorkeling there is good. Lunch was delicious, rum and beer was bottomless.

I believe we were there for about 3-4 hours. Lots of time to kick back, relax and enjoy...

Cheers, P:)

My vote is for Cosol! We have done this cruise 4 out of the last 5 years and are going again August 26th. We have done the Catamaran from the water tour and it was great also, but the first time to see the Pitons you need to see them up close, which you can see if you go with Cosol! He makes everything so wonderful and I to was learly of being in a bus, because I am a beach person, but this was so different and we saw so much. You get to spend some time at the Pitons at the beach between them and then do so much more!

My vote is for Cosol! We have done this cruise 4 out of the last 5 years and are going again August 26th. We have done the Catamaran from the water tour and it was great also, but the first time to see the Pitons you need to see them up close, which you can see if you go with Cosol! He makes everything so wonderful and I to was learly of being in a bus, because I am a beach person, but this was so different and we saw so much. You get to spend some time at the Pitons at the beach between them and then do so much more!

I had the same thoughts as you regarding being a beach person, and being leary of being in a bus, wanting to see the pitons up close, etc. you have made me feel better. :) we are most likely going to do the Cosol tour. I keep reading on these boards that it's a great tour and one of the best offered in the caribbean! It's different and that's what's so attractive about it.

Thanks!

We didn't want to sit in a van for 7 hours, on windy roads, with a bunch of drunks trying to finish off the beer and/or punch that flows freely from those all day private excursions.

So, we saw the catamaran cruise to the Pitons offered by Carnival but it leaves at 8:15 in the morning. Blah, way too early for us for only a few hours trip. I then saw that Carnival offers a snorkel trip to the Pitons by boat, leaves at 12:30pm, gives us the opportunity to see the island (from the water) and stop at Jalousie Beach for an hour or two. Perfect! You might want to look into that option, if your cruise line offers it.

Archived