Inside cabins/Solstice

dogted

We have booked inside cabin # 9164 for Queensland 3/28,

this is a sideways on cabin..is anyone familiar with this layout. Friends had one on the Mercury a couple of years ago, there was a lot more walk around room

Thanks

this is a sideways on cabin..is anyone familiar with this layout. Friends had one on the Mercury a couple of years ago, there was a lot more walk around room

Thanks

We have been in two insides on Solstice:

9112, a Cat.9 which was a custom built LARGE [seemed well over 200 Sq.ft.] cabin, and

9142, a Cat.10 sideways just down the hall from 9164.

Insides have the advantage that the beds CAN be placed against the back wall, leaving a lot of usable room in the middle of the cabin. Unfortunately 9142 was a round peg in a square hole. Celebrity took a cookie-cutter cabin and put the sofa and vanity against the back wall, meaning that you had to inch past the bed to get to that portion of the room. Not laid out well at all IMO. Note also that 9164 is quite far forward.

While I think there are better cabins, I'd LOVE to be in 9164 headed for Queensland:)

Thom

Thanks

Hi Dogted, I saw your name and I thought it was familiar and now I know why, you have just joined the rollcall for this cruise. Sorry, I can't help with your question. :D

Thanks Thom

when I took a closer look at the deck plan...I noticed the larger cabins, going to try to change..we're on the Auckland/Sydney leg as well, the Queensland is an afterthought, so I'm happy with the inside, but maybe not that one !

We have been in two insides on Solstice:

9112, a Cat.9 which was a custom built LARGE [seemed well over 200 Sq.ft.] cabin, and

9142, a Cat.10 sideways just down the hall from 9164.

Insides have the advantage that the beds CAN be placed against the back wall, leaving a lot of usable room in the middle of the cabin. Unfortunately 9142 was a round peg in a square hole. Celebrity took a cookie-cutter cabin and put the sofa and vanity against the back wall, meaning that you had to inch past the bed to get to that portion of the room. Not laid out well at all IMO. Note also that 9164 is quite far forward.

While I think there are better cabins, I'd LOVE to be in 9164 headed for Queensland:)

Thom

Hi Thom,

Did you mean 9212? I cannot find a 9112. Thanks.

Anne

Hi Thom,

Did you mean 9212? I cannot find a 9112. Thanks.

Anne

My mistake; you are correct 9212. I should have measured the cabin. Normally one of the first things I do is ask the steward to remove the table from the cabin, as it seems to be in the way no matter where it is placed. 9112 had a table and 2 chairs, and was large enough that they never seemed in the way.

Further comments on 9142: Balcony and outsides have bump-outs [a non-straight wall with the adjoining cabin] to provide [a modest amount] of room to get past the bed. This is a good idea to maximize usable space between cabins.

The forward sideways cabins on Solstice [and I assume other S-class] have these same bump-outs, but as far as I can tell all they do is leave empty space between the non-straight wall and the straight hall wall. MAYBE there is something in these spaces, but as far as I could tell they just put the standard pre-fab cabins in a larger hole, and just wasted the remaining space.

Still a nice cruise.

Thom

Archived