Carnival Legend Questions

wishes count

Hello, I'm sailing on the Legend on Aug 5th! I have a few questions :confused: and hopefully someone has a few answers!

1. Can someone explain "Taste of Nations" to me? Is is just an area that changes on the buffet daily? Is there anyway to know what cuisine is being served on a particular day?

2. I've heard about a Mexican deck party, is that something that happens on the Legend? When is it?

3. Is the Sushi bar free or do you need to pay for it?

4. Our cabin is 6271 on the Empress deck. Is this a good deck to be on?

5. I keep hearing about Drinks of the Day and special glasses. Can you only get these glasses on specific days and times? I've seen pictures and they look really cool so I don't want to miss out!

Thank you in advance! :)

I've only been on one cruise, which was the Legend so I only know a couple answers.

1. no idea - I know that the buffet area has a bunch of different stations, grill, mexican, asian, pizza, etc. I honestly can't remember if they were the same everyday or they changed. I tried virtually station and was satisfied, not the best food you will ever eat but decent.

2. No Mexican deck party that I heard of. They do play music and have activities on the lido deck though.

3. Sushi bar is free. They serve three different items each day. As much as you want though. Ate there almost everyday before dinner.

4. We were on deck 7 last time and it was perfect. I assume deck 6 will also be fine. Actually going again on same cruise in a couple days and decided on deck 5 this time.

5. It appeared that lots of people were getting those drinks. Too sweet for me so I never tried, but wait staff walks around offering them all the time.

Didn't really answer most of what you asked, but hopefully it's a little help. We had a really good time, obviously since we are taking the exact sam ruise again less than a year later. Have fun!

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/taste_of_nations.htm

This site shows what is on the menu list, but not what is happening each day for the taste of the nations....

When we were on the Legend last time, we had french in Belize, Mexican in Cozumel, Caribbean on our first sea day, it does jump around. I had the best most fantastic Paris Breste desserts when we went to the Lido on Cozumel day, absolutely fantastic! I ate far too many. If you don't know what they are, think cream puffs, but these were coffee cream puffs, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I go to this web site because I love to torture myself when I am working late and have no food. Oh well! Also if we can get someone to print out a current Funtimes, it will list the Nation they are doing each day. Sail happy, we are on the Legend about a month after you.

FYI... The Sushi stand is no longer. They now offer a 'sampling' there. Only tried it one night. It was a meatball and a bruschetta type sampler. I was not a fan of either. They offer different sampler bites each day.

According to others, they now offer sushi daily at the salad bar area on the Lido. Not sure as I never visited the salad bar!

Wishes, I will be walking off the ship about the same time as you will be walking on. The Legend is my favorite ship. This will be my third cruise on her. I always book a balcony in the area of your cabin. The Empress deck is a quiet place to book. The Lido has a different theme to the menu every day. The food is ok, but the dining room is better. I recommend that you try it breakfast, lunch and dinner. I can't comment on your other questions because it's been two years since I last sailed on her and things change. However, the service has always been good and I have always had a great cruise on the Legend!

We'll be on this cruise as well! August 5th is almost here! We are in 6212. . .not far from you! I read about the new tasting area. I've heard it's good for a pre-dinner appetizer (or a pre-appetizer appetizer?). :D I'm not a sushi fan, so I'm perfectly fine with it changing to a tasting bar.

I've also heard that you can ask for the drink of the day in a regular glass and you actually get more drink for your dollar (larger glass?). That is, if you're not after a souvenir glass. I'm not really the collecting type. Can anyone confirm?

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/taste_of_nations.htm

This site shows what is on the menu list, but not what is happening each day for the taste of the nations....

When we were on the Legend last time, we had french in Belize, Mexican in Cozumel, Caribbean on our first sea day, it does jump around. I had the best most fantastic Paris Breste desserts when we went to the Lido on Cozumel day, absolutely fantastic! I ate far too many. If you don't know what they are, think cream puffs, but these were coffee cream puffs, OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I go to this web site because I love to torture myself when I am working late and have no food. Oh well! Also if we can get someone to print out a current Funtimes, it will list the Nation they are doing each day. Sail happy, we are on the Legend about a month after you.

Thank you, I had not seen this yet. Looks like I'll be really overstuffed on some days :-)

• 4 weeks later...

[i wish someone had the MDR menus.

quote=marshhawk;34583412]http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/taste_of_nations.htm

I can sort of answer about the cups. On our Legend cruise, it was my mission to see all the different cups I could get

The first one I saw was the whale tale on our first day. Seeing no urgency and thinking they'll be offered all cruise, I passed. Big mistake

Then it became a mission. I saw the monkey head next and decided to get it. The nice waiter told me they only got 2 boxes this cruise and were running out. Asked about the whale tale and was told they ran out yesterday,

What he failed to tell me was HIS bar had run out. 2 days later in the Serentiy bar my mother in law spotted it. She called my room and I ran down to buy one.

It was neat to try the different drinks, and they look pretty cool on my shelf. My son uses the whale tale as his bank.

So, I'm pretty sure your experience may be different. But this is what I encountered. And be prepared they aren't cheap. I'm sure there's people who remember exactly, but I seem to remember them being $16-18 each

All in all, I got the monkey head, whale tale, disco ball and puffer fish.

Hope this helps!

Shawn

Archived