Epic disembarkation

Justness

hello

First cruise booked for sept. Just wondering what happens on the last day?

We plan to stay in Barcelona for three nights after cruise. What time do we have to be off the ship?

I'm just conscious that our hotel won't check us in until 2pm

Thanks

hello

First cruise booked for sept. Just wondering what happens on the last day?

We plan to stay in Barcelona for three nights after cruise. What time do we have to be off the ship?

I'm just conscious that our hotel won't check us in until 2pm

Thanks

We've disembarked twice in Barcelona and both times the ship arrives very early in the morning (approx 5:00 AM or so). You can linger on the ship for a while, but even then you'd likely have to be off by 9:30'ish. Your rooms may be ready by the time you get to your hotel. Even if they aren't, most hotels will store your bags for the day, especially if you contact them ahead of time. Our hotel did so without any fuss, then we formally checked in later in the afternoon after we had toured the city. The second time we were in Barcelona only for the day and were taking the train to France later in the afternoon. We therefore cabbed it to the main train station where there are secure luggage lockers available for rent.

P.

Last week they told us everyone has to be out by 9am. We did the self-disembark thing and clocked out at 9:05am and nobody had given us any grief whatsoever. I think they probably don't give anyone a hard time until 9:15-9:30. Really easy disembark.

The hotel can probably hold on to your luggage even if your room isn't ready yet, I'd go straight to the hotel to drop off the stuff as you definitely don't want to be touring Barcelona with luggage in tow.

Thank you.

Dont know why I never thought about hotel holding luggage.

Also when boarding, the ship leaves at 6pm. What time do we need to be in port for?

Our flight from Dublin arrives to Barcelona for 11am. Is this too early or ideal? Can we get on the ship early? Not too worried about cabin not being ready.

Thanks.

We boarded the ship shortly after 12, we were in the port around 11. Our friends were on the flight from dub( They flew over the ship so keep an eye out) we met them at the port around 11.30,

I know its breaking the rules, but after security if you wish to buy spirits etc, put them in your carry on and no person will know, 12 euro for a litre vodka, as apossed to 80 dollors on the ship for your room.

If they insist on going to the buffet for lunch go to the main dining room taste, you are waited on and much more relaxed.

Check you room at 1 it should be ready, and saves you waiting for a lift when they announce it.

Enjoy, we loved it already looking at booking for 2014

Thanks Keith.

Good to know your friends were on same flight. I was starting to think I should habe booked to fly the day before but we afe due to land at 10.50 so even with delays I think we will be ok

Good tip on the vodka. So your carry on isn't searched then. 80$ is a lot for some vodka. I wouldn't probably drink a bottle but for the savings it's worth a go

Thanks Keith.

Good to know your friends were on same flight. I was starting to think I should habe booked to fly the day before but we afe due to land at 10.50 so even with delays I think we will be ok

Good tip on the vodka. So your carry on isn't searched then. 80$ is a lot for some vodka. I wouldn't probably drink a bottle but for the savings it's worth a go

Carry-on IS searched (scanning machines), but it's the port of Barcelona employees doing the scanning and they don't care if you have booze in your bag. So my guess is yes you can totally keep whatever booze is in your carry-on in Barcelona.

Same in Naples, port security doing the scanning there too, which means ship security doesn't do it again, so you can bring in booze there too. We actually did it in Naples. I totally intended to turn the wine in until the end of the cruise, but when the port security didn't say anything and ship security didn't either I just kept it in my cabin. And drank it :D. Wasn't that good, Vesuvius wine is not a stellar product, but hey it was "smuggled" so it tasted better, right? ;)

Thanks Keith.

Yup your safe enough, so dont worry.

Nope, only before you go into the terminal and you can take liquid through not like an airport. Yeah the same goes for any spirits just pop them in the hand luggage, we a small carry on suitcases. Nothing said at all, if they do take it off its a small risk and you get it back after the cruise.

Archived