Dream Med Medley

Hi All

Well got back yesterday to rain:( after a lovely ten days away. Cruise was very good, hotel afterwards was interesting;), made an error on choice, but my mistake nothing wrong with it just that it was not quite the right fit for me (Grupotel Playa - Camp de Mar) and DH. I will be posting a review shortly but for those interested i have a blog and so far have blogged the first four days at Sea and added some photos remainder will follow, have a look if you are interested but beware it is not a review just me rambling on:D

http://www.excessbaggageblog.com

Next cruise October 2013:eek:......somehow i think i will manage to squeeze another one in before then:)

Hi All

Well got back yesterday to rain:( after a lovely ten days away. Cruise was very good, hotel afterwards was interesting;), made an error on choice, but my mistake nothing wrong with it just that it was not quite the right fit for me (Grupotel Playa - Camp de Mar) and DH. I will be posting a review shortly but for those interested i have a blog and so far have blogged the first four days at Sea and added some photos remainder will follow, have a look if you are interested but beware it is not a review just me rambling on:D

www.excessbaggageblog.com

Next cruise October 2013:eek:......somehow i think i will manage to squeeze another one in before then:)

Brilliant blog topsey. Can't wait to read the rest. The bit about the alarm clock rang some bells - ( ha ha - bells!) I always set the alarm on my phone and OH's too. Just have to remember if I have changed the time, otherwise an hour too early (or late:eek:)

What a great blog! We're cruising from August 11 on the Dream, so visiting the same ports. I definitely want to visit that market in Ajaccio! I'm looking forward to the rest of your blog, very entertaining!!

Brilliant blog topsey. Can't wait to read the rest. The bit about the alarm clock rang some bells - ( ha ha - bells!) I always set the alarm on my phone and OH's too. Just have to remember if I have changed the time, otherwise an hour too early (or late:eek:)

Thanks Linda, i've also done that forgot to change the time from GMT and wondered why nothing is open yet :D

What a great blog! We're cruising from August 11 on the Dream, so visiting the same ports. I definitely want to visit that market in Ajaccio! I'm looking forward to the rest of your blog, very entertaining!!

Hope to post a bit more on tonight, Market in Ajaccio is lovely, it closes around lunch time, i can recommend the Fig Jam, which is a local specialty, great with cheeses. But off the agenda for a while as i have just got on the scales:eek:

Thanks all glad you are enjoying it, last few days now up including our post cruise stay...which i am stil in trauma from;)

Now to start planning the next:D

Thanks Topsey, that was so interesting and funny to read too. Gald you had a great time on the cruise.

Berwyn

What an entertaining read topsey - thanks for sharing. You really made your holiday come to life for me and I could just imagine you pool side with the water polo match in full swing. Hilarious! Good to hear how much you enjoyed the cruise though and your interesting reviews of teh ports. Thanks again! :)

Topsey,,that was a most excellent blog,,made me laugh out loud several times! Can I please come on holiday with you cos you sound just my sort of person :)

My husband and I (get me going all posh) are taking our first cruise in a couple of weeks and we are sailing out of Palma to. We are calling at Ajaccio like you did,,did I understand correctly that the port is right in the centre of town and it's just a case of getting off the ship and hey presto there you are in town,,kind of thing?

Very good blog, we go to toulon and pisa on our next cruise

Thanks, enjoy your next cruise :)

What an entertaining read topsey - thanks for sharing. You really made your holiday come to life for me and I could just imagine you pool side with the water polo match in full swing. Hilarious! Good to hear how much you enjoyed the cruise though and your interesting reviews of teh ports. Thanks again! :)

Thanks, i swear that Hotel was some kind of set up :D

Topsey,,that was a most excellent blog,,made me laugh out loud several times! Can I please come on holiday with you cos you sound just my sort of person :)

My husband and I (get me going all posh) are taking our first cruise in a couple of weeks and we are sailing out of Palma to. We are calling at Ajaccio like you did,,did I understand correctly that the port is right in the centre of town and it's just a case of getting off the ship and hey presto there you are in town,,kind of thing?

Cappers your a re more than welcome to join us, i think i should organise a CC cruise as there are some great charcters on here:D

Yes in Ajaccio you are right in town, make sure you go to the Market (they clear away about 1.30) and buy some Fig Jam........more on the Fig Jam and Palma Airport in my next blog :)

Oh Topsey, you should be writing for TV. Much funnier than anything on at the moment!

The hotel we went to in Salou was similar, although not the age of the guests. The music and announcements went on all day and then at night the stage was right opposite our balcony, which we thought was good until the last night when we had to be ready for the coach pick-up at 7am:eek: so we went to bed early but it was flamenco night:eek: clip clop of shoes and castanets, stamping of feet and loud Spanish music!

Thank-you Topsey for an excellent read.............it's much more entertaining than the book I'm reading at the moment.:)

Oh and congratulations on finding a man who can pack, not only his own but yours too :eek::D:D.

Brilliant topsey brought back so many memories for us spent 11 days at camp de mar (Same hotel) never been so glad to see the airport coach arrive to take us home. we spent hours waiting at that bus stop so we could escape and go into santa ponsa, palma nova etc in fact any where but there. Have just read some of your report to my husband and its given us a laugh to start our sunday thanks for that. We called it a half horse town-too small to be a one horse town.

Just read your blog last night, Topsey. It is absolutely delightful.

Thanks Little nell, keep dipping :)

Brilliant topsey brought back so many memories for us spent 11 days at camp de mar (Same hotel) never been so glad to see the airport coach arrive to take us home. we spent hours waiting at that bus stop so we could escape and go into santa ponsa, palma nova etc in fact any where but there. Have just read some of your report to my husband and its given us a laugh to start our sunday thanks for that. We called it a half horse town-too small to be a one horse town.

infoqueen maybe a miniature Shetland pony perhaps:D......we were so pleased to leave on Tuesday that night entertainment was flamenco!:eek:

Glad you had a great time Topsey. Your blog was fantastic. Glad you saw Doc, I have been following her queries of the Dream and so glad you have both enjoyed your cruise.

Jane

Thanks Jane, we all had a great time

Oh Topsey, you should be writing for TV. Much funnier than anything on at the moment!

The hotel we went to in Salou was similar, although not the age of the guests. The music and announcements went on all day and then at night the stage was right opposite our balcony, which we thought was good until the last night when we had to be ready for the coach pick-up at 7am:eek: so we went to bed early but it was flamenco night:eek: clip clop of shoes and castanets, stamping of feet and loud Spanish music!

Remind me to take that one off the list as well....we escaped it was Flamenco night when we left

Thank-you Topsey for an excellent read.............it's much more entertaining than the book I'm reading at the moment.:)

Oh and congratulations on finding a man who can pack, not only his own but yours too :eek::D:D.

Thanks Happy v ......and he irons as well

Archived