Laundry bag prices ......Allure

Hi, We will be having a few days in Fort Lauderdale pre cruise. I know by the time we get to the boat we will need to do some laundry ie nightshirts etc. Anyone have an idea of prices? Thanks

25.00 for the laundry bag "special". Your stateroom attendant can get you the bag on the first day. Its basically all you can stuff in a decent sized plastic bag. All other laundry is priced per item.

The fine print will tell you that the bag special is limited to certain items such as underwear, socks, shorts, t shirts etc.

The clothes will come back "folded" and I use this term loosely. It appears to me that whatever went in the bag all goes in to the wash together with labels that will be stuck to the inside of your clothes with your cabin # on it. Then they are folded and put in a paper bag and delivered to your stateroom the following day. Every time I have used this service it would be my guess that the clothes are folded while still damp and they are very wrinkled. I have only used this service for wash and wear items ie. socks underwear, t-shirts, pajamas, sox. If you don't want something shrunk I would have it dry cleaned.

I sure miss HAL. They do a beautiful job on the by-the-bag deal. You can send anything and they come back pressed, folded or on hangers. I guess I'll be packing enough for the entire cruise. I'm glad that we can drive to the port.

Archived