Denali Shuttle Bus to Eilson

ohscrap

I would like to take the Denali Shuttle Bus to Eilson, but I'm not sure if I can make the connections to do it.

I am on a Princess cruisetour. We will be arriving at the Denali Princess Wilderness Lodge approximately 12:30 to 1:00 pm. We are only there for this day, leaving the next morning. There is a shuttle bus that will take us to the Wilderness Access Center; I was told it left the lodge every hour on the hour. I don't know how far it is from the lodge to the Access Center.

There is a bus to Eilson available at 1 pm and 2 pm. Those of you who have done this, do you think we can make it?

are you arriving to Denali by train or bus?

If it's by train, your luggage will be taken to your room, so if you board the train properly prepared, there's no need for you to go to the hotel first... hop off the train and take the short walk to the WAC.

In other words, board the train with only the items you will need to take on the Eielson shuttle. You can pick up snacks or a boxed lunch at the Moreno Grill near the train depot.

http://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/upload/DENAmap2.pdf

You posted you have already upgraded to the TWT??

You MUST be able to move quickly and manage getting around on your own. The Wilderness Access Center is less than 2 miles from the Princess Lodge.

BUT you do realize, you likely will be walking back to your Princess Lodge after the return to the Wilderness Access Center after the Eielson shuttle bus? Princess Lodge shuttle buses DO NOT run that late.

You may get lucky and hitch hike a ride with someone, but you need to be prepared to walk.

Thanks Budget Queen,

I hadn't thought about the return to the lodge transportation.

Yes, we're booked on the TWT, but I had read on CC that the shuttle to Eilson takes you further into the park, and the last several miles are the prime bear viewing area.

However, after looking into the logistics of trying to get to the Access Center in time to make their last Eilson shuttle bus, I just don't think I need the stress of that. I'll stay with the TWT. And, they pick up and return us to the lodge.

Archived