should we pack our own shampoo/conditioner?

witsend64

That new hand soap looks nice, KK.:)

The new bar of hand soap looks like it contains glycerin !!!! Great !

I think it has Glycerin in it -- there was no description on the bar. I tried it and it wasn't too bad -- for my hands only.

I have no idea if this will go fleet wide or not.

I like the Elemis conditioner and buy it now online at home. I prefer Biolage shampoo which is very concentrated and lathers beautifully so one only needs to take very little on trips. It is one of those brands that is 80% working product and 20% water and filler, instead of most commercial shampoos that are just the opposite.

I also prefer bar soap over bath gels and absolutely have to have my Dove face soap so, yes I do still haul a lot of my own favorite products along though Dove products one can buy nearly everywhere around the world these days. If you use a commonly found internationally known brand, you can see if you can find it in a port stop instead of taking the full load of product along with you in your luggage if you are in for a long cruise. Proctor and Gamble's line of products is pretty easy to find. Internet searches today can help one locate product brands and availability in certain port cities, plus the ship store carries a line of OTC products as well.

We love Dove Soap as well -- and always take it with us. Since we have to start out with a hotel stay before we fly -- I have no choice but to pack toilitries.

I understand that people have their preferences, but I am on the opposite side. To me, having a soap dispenser, a body wash dispenser, and a conditioner dispenser in the shower was an overkill. At home I generally just use one product that acts as a body wash/shapoo/conditioner. As a matter of fact, when I travel and have to wash dishes or wash my clothes, that product serves as a bodywash/shampoo/conditiioner/landry soap/dishwashing soap. Yes, I know the above gives some P&G executives a heart attack, but I typically shower two or three times a day, and to me the high frequency of showers is much more important than what kind of bathroom products I use.

Archived