Rug Tour

Are there people standing around in Istanbul offering rug making tours? (Kinda like Murano in Venice with glass tours)

We dont have time for one in Izmir, but our family would like to see the whole process silk worms and all.

TIA

Are there people standing around in Istanbul offering rug making tours? (Kinda like Murano in Venice with glass tours)

We dont have time for one in Izmir, but our family would like to see the whole process silk worms and all.

TIA

You will find plenty of people wanting you to go into their rug shops, where they will offer you mint tea and roll out countless rugs in the hope you will buy one, but that's a different thing. If you want to see the whole process including silkworms etc, you need a tour of a rug factory such as can be found in the Izmir or Ephesus area. I doubt very much that you are going to find anyone standing around in Istanbul offering that.

Darn ok thanks. We only have 6hrs in Izmir and have booked a private tour, but because we can only do 5hrs they have removed the lunch and rug tour from the itinerary we started with. I plan to mention to them that we wont take long to see everything and that we would be interested in the tour if there is time. I know they get kickbacks so they might.

Thanks

Archived