L.A. harbor attraction

The battleship USS Iowa BB-61 the namesake of the class of battleship is at It's permanent location right at the Cruise Ship Terminal, so if you are cruising in or out of San Pedro and you want to find something to do before or after your cruise visit the ship it is walking distance from the terminal, their parking lot is next to the cruise terminal lot.

The Lane Victory has been relocated past Ports O Call it is no longer adjacent to the cruise terminal, it is closer to the breakwater I am sure the red car will take you close to it.

Also the Lane Victory (a restored Liberty Ship) is adjacent and the Maritime Museum is about a mile away and connected by the trolley line.

The Lane Victory has been relocated past Ports O Call it is no longer adjacent to the cruise terminal, it is closer to the breakwater I am sure the red car will take you close to it.

Didn't know that, sorry for the misinformation.

Great photo. I've been volunteering on the Iowa for the past two months.

There are lots of things to do in San Pedro now. Visit the Iowa. Visit the Lane Victory. Visit the Maritime Museum. Ride the red car trolley. Visit the various art galleries in San Pedro. Taste wine............Visit Fort MacArthur Museum. Check out Crafted. Go wind surfing at Cabrillo Beach. Visit the Cabrillo Museum. Eat at some of the great restaurants in town...............etc,etc, etc.

http://www.sanpedro.com/

What department? I have been there since July fourth, tours.

I've been working in Operations...........cheap labor, so far.

I'm on the list for "tour guide," but have not yet signed up for that.

Quite a bit of fun climbing all over the big ship in coveralls, with a tool belt.

Are you going to the BBQ on Saturday?

I and some friends will be there.

I work till 7 so I won't be able to be there and with the spike in gas I may have to cut back, but it is so much fun being onboard. I was interviewed for operations but I ended up a tour guide. I am usually there wed, sun or both. You know some operation volunteers do tours as well, I would rather get my hands dirty. uploadfromtaptalk1344653184007.jpg.c3b5bd496945d4a9fdb740dc8a410413.jpg

Archived