Can you use cash for inboard account?

Just wondering if you don't have a credit card can you use cash instead?

If so how does that work and what happens if you don't spend it all?

Tia

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife I I prefer to use cash, NCL claims they require $100 per person per day to be deposited, how ever I have experienced it can be less and this is more like a recommendation. I was informed by an Cruise Consultant at NCL that you can deposit as little as $300 (which happens to be the amount of the original credit card authorization.) I have been informed on CC that it can be any amount, although when you get low you will be requested to deposit more. At the end of the cruise you can go to the front desk in the morning and get a refund for unspent cash. If you forget or don't want to waist your morning I understand they will mail you a check for the remaining.

Wife I I prefer to use cash, NCL claims they require $100 per person per day to be deposited, how ever I have experienced it can be less and this is more like a recommendation. I was informed by an Cruise Consultant at NCL that you can deposit as little as $300 (which happens to be the amount of the original credit card authorization.) I have been informed on CC that it can be any amount, although when you get low you will be requested to deposit more. At the end of the cruise you can go to the front desk in the morning and get a refund for unspent cash. If you forget or don't want to waist your morning I understand they will mail you a check for the remaining.

I also only use cash also and will be cruising the end of August with ncl on a 3 day cruise. I wasn't too thrilled that you have to put $100 a day. On a 3 day cruise I highly doubt I will need that much since I even paid my gratuities ahead of time. So do they actually make you put that much? I'm used to just being able to put what I want and when I go low I just add to it.

:cool:

I also only use cash also and will be cruising the end of August with ncl on a 3 day cruise. I wasn't too thrilled that you have to put $100 a day. On a 3 day cruise I highly doubt I will need that much since I even paid my gratuities ahead of time. So do they actually make you put that much? I'm used to just being able to put what I want and when I go low I just add to it.

My understanding from other posters on CC is that you can deposit any amount you wish, NCL might give you hassel if you are charging stuff to your room by requesting you to add more, but wont let you run out. According to the NCL rep I spoke to reguarding this (as I am going on a 7 day cruise with my family of 4 and defininately don't need no $2800 to spend) as your account becomes low (which she could not tell me what low is) they will supend your account until you deposit more. I have settled my accounts on departure day with less then $60 but I don't know what the official limit is or if there is one.

We were on the Sun last winter and when we were asked for our credit card at check-in I just said we were going to use cash. They told me to go to the front desk once on the ship and deposit money into our account. They didn't seem to mind and we were never given a hard time.

There were 3 of us but we just started with $300 and added as needed. At the end of the cruise we had under $10 and they just mailed us a check.

Archived