Transfers in Prague

David

We are doing the 3-day pre-cruise in Prague in early August with AMA Waterways, but we will be arriving at the Prague airport from a flight from Frankfurt. We have not purchased a transfer with the cruise line. We are trying to decide on transfer to our hotel from the airport.

Has anyone booked a transfer to the hotel in Prague with "Experience Prague"? They charge $33.00 total. What about taking one of the official taxis? Can you just grab one like in the states, or do you have to purchase a voucher? What is the cost from the airport to the city center? We are staying at the Intercontinental.

Many thanks in advance for the input.

David

We did the AMA cruise last year and went into Prague 2 days earlier than the AMA pre cruise and used Prague Airport Transfers to get to the hotel. It was around 550 czk for the 4 of us total, very reliable. I would suggest you prebook (you don't have to prepay) rather than just grabbing a cab at the airport. Tourism Prague recommends this. We loved the Intercontinental and its location.

last month,,no problem,,,cost less than AMA transfer and taxis lined up at stand..driver spoke English and took 20 mins or more,,,depends on traffic.

Re;;;Intercontinental,,,good hotel and location,,but,,doing massive contruction on building...ask for room away from it..did stop at 5...

Had a wonderful time...sure you will too...any other questions,,will help.;)

Thanks to both of you for the information. A Couple of follow-ups: did the 550CZK include tip and did the driver speak English? How much did the airport taxi cost of you just cue up and take the next available cab?

Thanks, again.

David

Thanks to both of you for the information. A Couple of follow-ups: did the 550CZK include tip and did the driver speak English? How much did the airport taxi cost of you just cue up and take the next available cab?

Thanks, again.

David

We were not expected to tip but we did. Yes, he spoke English and pointed out sights as we drove into town. If you decide not to book ahead, at least negotiate the price before you get into the taxi. I believe there is a taxi dispatcher at the door when you exit the baggage claim area. It costs nothing to book ahead with a reputable firm, why chance getting a driver who may not be the most honest person.

I tend to agree that it is often better to arrange ahead of time. I'm also checking into the transfer from our Budapest hotel to the airport at the end of our trip, but I'm a little less concerned about that because I presume the hotel will arrange the transfer to the airport.

By the way, I found two transfer companies with the same name. Do you have a link to the website of the one you used? I think I found it but just want to be certain. Others seem to hav recommended the other company, which I found through Trip Advisor.

Thanks, again.

David

I tend to agree that it is often better to arrange ahead of time. I'm also checking into the transfer from our Budapest hotel to the airport at the end of our trip, but I'm a little less concerned about that because I presume the hotel will arrange the transfer to the airport.

By the way, I found two transfer companies with the same name. Do you have a link to the website of the one you used? I think I found it but just want to be certain. Others seem to hav recommended the other company, which I found through Trip Advisor.

Thanks, again.

David

and the cruise manager WILL arrange for very reasonable taxi(or private car,which we had) to airport or hotel..they send forms re,debarkation,transfers,etc to room a few days before. Can double check YOUR hotel,,but most people had transfer(some even walked to a few close by).;)

We are doing the 3-day pre-cruise in Prague in early August with AMA Waterways, but we will be arriving at the Prague airport from a flight from Frankfurt. We have not purchased a transfer with the cruise line. We are trying to decide on transfer to our hotel from the airport.

Has anyone booked a transfer to the hotel in Prague with "Experience Prague"? They charge $33.00 total. What about taking one of the official taxis? Can you just grab one like in the states, or do you have to purchase a voucher? What is the cost from the airport to the city center? We are staying at the Intercontinental.

Many thanks in advance for the input.

David

We did a taxi from Prague to the airport yesterday and it cost us 550 Krouns or about 30 dollars. We used AAA taxi service. Get a price first if you hail one from the airport. I would look for a taxi stand and get on that way. The airport is 20 minutes away from Intercontinental, on Sunday without traffic.

Archived