Charleston, SC scooter rentals???

jordanaire

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Resq2u, I have heard that it is a hassle to rent scooters who have to drop them off to you and pick them up at the end of the cruise. Did you have any problems with your company? How long did it take for them to deliver the scooter to the ship and how long did it take for them to pick up the scooter when the cruise was over? Your advice and information will be most helpful. Cruising on the Fantasy in Sept.

Resq2u, I have heard that it is a hassle to rent scooters who have to drop them off to you and pick them up at the end of the cruise. Did you have any problems with your company? How long did it take for them to deliver the scooter to the ship and how long did it take for them to pick up the scooter when the cruise was over? Your advice and information will be most helpful. Cruising on the Fantasy in Sept.

FYI - The post that you are inquiring about goes back to December 2012 so the person might not even reply.

Additionally if you want the scooter delivered to and picked up from the ship you must use the rental provider approved by the cruise lines. Otherwise you'll have to make arrangement for a specific time and place other than ship to pick up the scooter which could impair your other travel plans.

If you rent from the cruise lines approved rental provider it's a hassle free process. The scooter gets deliver directly to your cabin on embarkation day. On disembarkation you just leave the scooter in the cabin.

The cruise line provides wheelchair assistance if needed on embarkation and disembarkation day only.

Thanks for your response. the problem I have using the cruiseships companies is that those companies do not service the Charleston area. Therefore I have to find another company that will assist us. That is why I was questioning about Herberts Mobility. They are a drop off and pick up company.

Thanks for your response. the problem I have using the cruiseships companies is that those companies do not service the Charleston area. Therefore I have to find another company that will assist us. That is why I was questioning about Herberts Mobility. They are a drop off and pick up company.

Suggest that you call Huberts Mobility and find out the details for yourself.

You can of course rent your own scooter and transport it yourself to/from the ship, but it is unlikely that this local company will be allowed to deliver a scooter to your cabin and retrieve it at the end of the cruise.

sorry to hear you have had issues. Hopefully they can get them resolved for you.. Renting a scooter for someone who needs one is truly a blessing to have for the freedom it gives you.

Edited by mosiegirl