Anywhere to get milk for a night-time bottle?

RuxieGirl

RuxieGirl...another option to room service or keeping it in the fridge is to visit Lido buffet just before bedtime..they always have cartons of milk there and if you don't see any ask and they will get you one..I've never had an issue with keeping the milk "safe to drink" in the fridge in 20+ cruises..I have to take my morning meds with milk and I just get a carton the night before put it in the fridge and use it in the morning..granted it is not COLD milk but it isn't warm either and I've never ever gotten sick..it is much easier than calling room service for a carton...what ever you decide you know what is best for your child..trust your "mom instincts" and have a fabulous cruise and build lots of memories :D..take it from me..with 3 kids, 7 grandkids and one great grandaughter on the way the time FLIES :(

I clean out a water bottle( 8 oz size) pour the milk into the bottle. Place bottle into the beer buckets full of ice. Place a towel under the bucket or it gets the table wet. My milk was nice and cold ever morning. You could also bring a thermal cup from home and place that in ice to keep it cold with your milk in it. Room service will bring you a bucket or ice or your room person will keep it full or we walk to a bar and they refill the ice.

Relax and enjoy

Wow, I can't tell you how offended I am. Who are you all to tell me to break my daughter's habits? Is it any of your business if I give my child milk before bed or not?

Thanks to all who gave a great and HELPFUL answer without judgement, hopefully they are helpful to others who might have the same question and can read this and benefit from these answers without being judged.

(BTW, to those of you who feel I should "break" my child of this "nasty" habit, you would be screaming at me to give her milk if she would keep you up at night in your stateroom if she would cry at night for milk. Which, actually, she wouldn't.)

I'm an "active senior" (55+) and still like a glass of milk before bedtime. I either go to the lido mid-day and bring back milk and cookies or order them from Room service if I'm feeling lazy. Inspiration inside cabins don't have mini bars, so I put it on ice in an ice bucket or sink. I do like the kids milk boxes too from the grocery.

Wow, I can't tell you how offended I am. Who are you all to tell me to break my daughter's habits? Is it any of your business if I give my child milk before bed or not?

Thanks to all who gave a great and HELPFUL answer without judgement, hopefully they are helpful to others who might have the same question and can read this and benefit from these answers without being judged.

(BTW, to those of you who feel I should "break" my child of this "nasty" habit, you would be screaming at me to give her milk if she would keep you up at night in your stateroom if she would cry at night for milk. Which, actually, she wouldn't.)

I wasn't trying to dictate how you raise your children; I really do not care. I was simply letting you know that if you *wanted* it to go away it's pretty easy. Hell, I have an autistic kid who will not go to sleep without a TV going. Disturbs the hell out of me, but it's what helps him to cope. The only thing that I said was from my experience with small children milk in the middle of the night tends to be a habit rather than true hunger. I'd prefer a glass of wine before bed every night, but then I'd have to get up and pee around 4am :p

She gets milk before bed, we have a nice wind-down routine at the end of the evening with a cup of milk, wash and brush, a book and bed. What on earth is wrong with that? I said that we'd like to keep her on a routine if possible because I have cruised with a 3 year old before (my older daughter) and when her routine got crazy, SHE got crazy. Perhaps I'd like to keep her on her routine so she will sleep well for my nearby passengers.

Wow, what's with you people? How nice it must be to be or have been perfect parents.

Thanks for asking this question. It reminded me that my 4 and 8 yr old children really appreciate having a glass of milk with their books before bedtime. We skip it when we're camping, but I understand what you mean about bedtime routines. It makes it much easier to get everyone calmed down at night. I'm glad to know it won't be hard to get on a cruise.

I wasn't trying to dictate how you raise your children; I really do not care. I was simply letting you know that if you *wanted* it to go away it's pretty easy. Hell, I have an autistic kid who will not go to sleep without a TV going. Disturbs the hell out of me, but it's what helps him to cope. The only thing that I said was from my experience with small children milk in the middle of the night tends to be a habit rather than true hunger. I'd prefer a glass of wine before bed every night, but then I'd have to get up and pee around 4am :p

The OP did not say anywhere she wanted to give her child milk in the middle of the night. She said it was before bedtime, which would hardly be the middle of the night, especially for a little girl. So where is the question of breaking any habit?

I wish some people would take the trouble to actually READ the original post before jumping to conclusions.

Archived