Post cruise rotterdam

I will be arriving in Amsterdam prior to my cruise from Rotterdam and spending some time there. Upon returning, I was thinking of visiting Delft. My plans are to drop my bags at the Hilton Schipol. Jump back on the train and head to Delft for the day. My plane leaves noon the following day. Does this sound like a good plan or does anyone have a better suggestion? Can I combine my visit in Delft with another city?

I will be arriving in Amsterdam prior to my cruise from Rotterdam and spending some time there. Upon returning, I was thinking of visiting Delft. My plans are to drop my bags at the Hilton Schipol. Jump back on the train and head to Delft for the day. My plane leaves noon the following day. Does this sound like a good plan or does anyone have a better suggestion? Can I combine my visit in Delft with another city?

I would suggest taking the train to Den Hague. Leave your luggage at the train station (paid lockers) then take tram 1 to Delft. Before or after Delft, you can see the sights of Den Hague -- a very interesting city. There seems little point to go to Schipol and then backtrack.

Yes tour plan is very doable. On the way back from Delft, you can either visit The Hague, but also Leiden is worth a visit. With your trainticket you can stop in any place enroute.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I was not aware all train stations had lockers for luggage. Also, am I correct in understanding I will not need a separate ticket if I visit Leiden on my way to Schipol?

Indeed it is all in 1 ticket -Leiden as well as The Hague -since it is on the way between Delft and Schiphol.

Many stations have lockers, but maybe not big enough for suitcases.

http://www.ns.nl/en/travellers/about-your-trip/travelling-by-train/facilities-at-the-station

• 2 months later...
Back from my trip and just wanted to report that I visited Delft. What a beautiful city!!! I highly recommend a visit to anyone with extra time.

Good to hear, I also love Delft.

How far is The Hague from Rotterdam on the train? We will be there for one day on the Emerald Princess

Ontario Cruiser

Very close, they're only about 20km apart, 20-30 mins by train (the faster trains actually leave from Den Haag HS, not Den Haag Centraal). Either way, neither is a long walk into the heart of Den Haag

http://www.ns.nl/ is the website for the national railway

Archived