Cruise virgin questions sailing western caribbean feb 2-9 2013

mermaidIamNOT

So we've booked a cruise with the family my parents and inlaws for western caribbean Feb 2-9th 2013 on Poesia.

Can anyone tell me how this company handles large groups? we're part of a group called cruise of irish stars the Travel agent says we'll have a group of over 600 passengers. We've also paid a premium for our own private entertainment.

We're all booked with 1st dinner - how early is this?

When will the excursion prices show up on the website? Can anyone tell us what companies they typically use for excursions in Falmouth, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Roatan.

When does the ships entertainment normally stop at night? we've been told our entertainment could run until about 1-2am each night but some of the musicians we're iffy about so we'd like to know if we have choices while they are performing.

Hi,

I'm Gloria from FL. I am on the Poesia also with my husband, My sister & her husband are traveling with us. We all have early seating & I think it is at 6:30. Late seating is at 9 pm.This is my first cruise on MSC so I can't really answer your other questions. We are also booked through Travel Professionals. I have connected with two other groups going on this cruise from Cruise Critic. One group is 9 people and another 4 people. It will be lots of fun finally getting to see all of you in person. I was told 500 people are booked for the theme part of the cruise but that wasn't really true when I was given that number. Perhaps that is what the final number will be or 600 as you heard. We shall see. We'll have a great time! :) Gloria

Dear MermaidIamnot-

Early dining is approximately around 5:30pm; however varies depending on the itinerary that day.

The Caribbean excursions have been loaded onto our website and you should be able to view them.

Ouch 5:30 thats really early compared to when we have dinner at home.

I hope its pushed back alittle on the days in Cozumel depart at 5pm and Georgetown Grand Cayman depart at 6:30. If not we'll be in dinner during sail away :(

Thanks all

PBC29 - I haven't seen any rollcall for the group or cruise in general maybe too soon????

Are we allowed to put email address on here?

Ouch 5:30 thats really early compared to when we have dinner at home.

I hope its pushed back alittle on the days in Cozumel depart at 5pm and Georgetown Grand Cayman depart at 6:30. If not we'll be in dinner during sail away :(

Thanks all

PBC29 - I haven't seen any rollcall for the group or cruise in general maybe too soon????

Are we allowed to put email address on here?

Perhaps you should consider second sitting rather than rely on the odd one being a little later? Dining times on the US sailings are very early compared to other sailings elsewhere.

Perhaps you should consider second sitting rather than rely on the odd one being a little later? Dining times on the US sailings are very early compared to other sailings elsewhere.

That could work if we weren't part of a big (500-600 people) group but we are so can't.

We've got our own private entertainment shows we've paid a premium for and the theater show is supposed to start after the 1st seating dinner is over with only 1 show then the lounge shows.

That could work if we weren't part of a big (500-600 people) group but we are so can't.

We've got our own private entertainment shows we've paid a premium for and the theater show is supposed to start after the 1st seating dinner is over with only 1 show then the lounge shows.

That's a shame. Hope you enjoy the special entertainment.

Archived