I'm new to seadream. What's it like?

Eastcstrob

An interesting excursion while visiting Old Town San Juan (apart from the obligatory visit to the Castillo) is to seek out the place where Piña Colada was invented. They even have a brass plaque on the wall outside commemorating the date it was first made there. Your reward will be an authentic Piña Collada made from scratch at an attractive courtyard bar.

Enjoy. Tony

An interesting excursion while visiting Old Town San Juan (apart from the obligatory visit to the Castillo) is to seek out the place where Piña Colada was invented. They even have a brass plaque on the wall outside commemorating the date it was first made there. Your reward will be an authentic Piña Collada made from scratch at an attractive courtyard bar.

Enjoy. Tony

There are a number of bars in the Caribbean making the same claim. Even the Travel Channel show covering it hedged their bets.:eek: Let's just call it "creative marketing".:D

Thanks Jim,

I don't doubt it. Whatever it takes to get the customers in. From this link though it appears clear that San Juan is indeed ground zero for the venerable libation, making the bar with the brass placque at least worth seeking out while in the area..with a welcome reward for success.

I once sought out the very bar where the 'Singapore Sling' was reputedly concocted in 'The Long Bar' at the old Colonial 'Raffles Hotel in Singapore. After consuming the first one, I asked the bartender to make another while I watched. He unashamedly told me he didn't know how, and pointed to a spigot on the back wall of the bar. I imagined a bathtub on the backside of the wall with a couple guys 'slinging' in bucketfuls of ingredients, hence the name. What a disappointment, but still an interesting story I think.

Archived