Jolly Beach Resort

Treacher1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cost for a day pass there is $67.50 according to my group who are going there in early November plus about $5 a head taxi each way. Includes an all day buffett, open bar, use of the beach, and would assume beach chairs would be included.

We did the day pass in March. Mid $60's sounds right. Paid when we got there, no need to pre-pay. About a 20 -30 minute cab ride. Clean beach and resort, food was ok. We stayed there for a week about 10 years ago. At that time it was called Club Antigua. Not much has changed.

• 1 month later...

Is this the only day pass available to use the beach? Can't you buy a cheaper one to just use the beach (we don't need to use the buffet). It is a very beautiful beach from the pics, but $135 for 2 people for the day is a bit steep I think for just a beach. We are planning to take the public bus to this place, which is $1.50 pp.

Is this the only day pass available to use the beach? Can't you buy a cheaper one to just use the beach (we don't need to use the buffet). It is a very beautiful beach from the pics, but $135 for 2 people for the day is a bit steep I think for just a beach. We are planning to take the public bus to this place, which is $1.50 pp.

I think you can use Jolly Beach as well for free, that is what we are planning on doing. My guess is the AI is available for those who want it but you can go a la carte as well...could be wrong but don't think so

• 2 months later...

A large group of us went to Jolly Beach Resort last week off of the Breeze and used their Day Pass.

They have two programs that would be of interest to most cruisers (info below). One is from 9-5 and is $75/person and the other is 10:15-5 and is $60 per person. They offer a 10% discount for groups of 10 or more.

http://www.jollybeachresort.com/press/2009.21.08%20%20JBR%20Day%20Pass.pdf

The resort is older, but the pools, bars, etc. are all in good shape. They have two pools, on smaller as you enter and one off to the right that is larger and has a swim up bar. There is also a grill by that pool that serves burgers and jerked chicken for lunch. The jerked chicken was very good.

The beach itself is public and there are chairs available at no cost and some permanent palapas near the upper edge of the beach for shade. Umbrellas are available for rent for $10/day. The folks who are renting the umbrellas are very aggressive and one followed us around as we looked for the rest of our group and then tried to charge us $2 for following us when it turned out that we didn't need the umbrella.

I have some pictures in my cruise review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1753254

A large group of us went to Jolly Beach Resort last week off of the Breeze and used their Day Pass.

They have two programs that would be of interest to most cruisers (info below). One is from 9-5 and is $75/person and the other is 10:15-5 and is $60 per person. They offer a 10% discount for groups of 10 or more.

The resort is older, but the pools, bars, etc. are all in good shape. They have two pools, on smaller as you enter and one off to the right that is larger and has a swim up bar. There is also a grill by that pool that serves burgers and jerked chicken for lunch. The jerked chicken was very good.

The beach itself is public and there are chairs available at no cost and some permanent palapas near the upper edge of the beach for shade. Umbrellas are available for rent for $10/day. The folks who are renting the umbrellas are very aggressive and one followed us around as we looked for the rest of our group and then tried to charge us $2 for following us when it turned out that we didn't need the umbrella.

I've travelled all over the Caribbean and Jolly Beach is without a doubt the most beautiful. The sand is white and like talcum powder and the water is beautiful! I did the all-inclusive for a day. It was worth it for the beach alone. Breakfast was good, we didn't have lunch, just a few drinks. I guess it was a lot since we didn't take full advantage.

You mentioned the beach is public. How do you access the property if you are not purchasing the all inclusive? Will they turn you away if you are not going to purchase the AI?

I was thinking I would go to Castaway if JB requires a daypass.

I've travelled all over the Caribbean and Jolly Beach is without a doubt the most beautiful. The sand is white and like talcum powder and the water is beautiful! I did the all-inclusive for a day. It was worth it for the beach alone. Breakfast was good, we didn't have lunch, just a few drinks. I guess it was a lot since we didn't take full advantage.

You mentioned the beach is public. How do you access the property if you are not purchasing the all inclusive? Will they turn you away if you are not going to purchase the AI?

I was thinking I would go to Castaway if JB requires a daypass.

Sorry, I'm just catching up.

To access the resort property you would need a day pass, but the free portion of Jolly Beach is adjacent to the resort so you can get to the beach from there and walk anywhere you want along Jolly Beach.

• 2 months later...

Did your group take taxis or did you use a transportation company? We have been there using the bus, but the wait was way too long. This time it may be a large group and wondering the best way to go about getting there.

One of our folks found a guy with a small bus that held about 20 people. He told us $6 per person round trip and came back for us at a prearranged time.

On the return trip he begged for more money but accepted the promised price. He cost himself some tips by trying to change the price.

• 1 month later...
Can you snorkel there or do they offer it?

You can, but there's nothing to see : D

The beach is sandy with no rocks or coral. I didn't see any place to rent snorkeling equipment.

Archived