No Carnival stops in Mazatlan thru Jan. 2015

cruizinator

That being the case, why would anybody book the 7 day Riveria to Cabo and PV, when they can book the 6 day for cheaper and still see Cabo and P.V. The only difference being u are 2 days in Cabo. (which doesn't appeal to me because for 2 days, u have to take the tender in):confused:

I would love to spend two days in Cabo. It's one of my favorites. It would be nice to have one day for beach relaxing and one day for something more active.

As far as tenders go I think Cabo is pretty easy.

I am not a fan of Mazatlan.

It looks like Holland America is staying two days in PV. I wish Princess would follow suit and have two days in PV as opposed to Cabo. I like Cabo but I like PV much more.

I don't have plans to cruise the Mexican Riviera this or next year. However, I will be ready to cruise there again in 2014. I can't go more than 2-3 years without cruising down to Mexico. I may have to book with Holland America but will wait and see how things play out over the next year and a half or so.

Last December on the Oosterdam we overnighted in Puerto Vallarta. The neat thing was you didn't have to be back on the ship at any certain time that first evening, the gangway was open ALL night. Can't do that when you overnight in Cabo.

Last December on the Oosterdam we overnighted in Puerto Vallarta. The neat thing was you didn't have to be back on the ship at any certain time that first evening, the gangway was open ALL night. Can't do that when you overnight in Cabo.

That does sound great. If I venture back down to the Mexican Riviera for a cruise I may have to check out Holland America.:)

• 4 weeks later...

We have had nothing but positive experiences in ALL the ports on the Mexican Riviera. We wish whatever problem the cruise industry and Mazatlan have gets resolved soon. There are myriad opportunities for the cruise lines on the underdeveloped (cruise-tourist wise) western coasts of the US and Mexico.

Fair winds...

We have had nothing but positive experiences in ALL the ports on the Mexican Riviera. We wish whatever problem the cruise industry and Mazatlan have gets resolved soon. There are myriad opportunities for the cruise lines on the underdeveloped (cruise-tourist wise) western coasts of the US and Mexico.

Fair winds...

While I am definitely an advocate for cruises to the Mexican Riveria and I do have a special place in my heart for Mazatlan, you just can't ignore what is going on in the state of Sinaloa in Mexico. Mazatlan is in that state. It is such a shame for the hardworking folks in Mazatlan. I can't even imagine what they are experiencing.

Archived