Baltimore Grand Prix Race weekend

Racing fan

Be aware if you are sailing out of Baltimore Labor day weekend; the Baltimore Grand Prix Izod races are that time. Hotels are booked up and there are major traffic delays and closed roads into the Inner Harbor. If you are a race fan it is a great way of beginning or ending your cruise. I was one of the organizers last year and the racing was amazing. Cars were traveling up to 175 mph down the middle of the Inner Harbor.

I'm thinking I95 to/from the port should be little affected but the effects will be most severe for people with downtown hotels. Is that correct?

I'll breathe a sigh of relief anyway from 3000 miles away, but there's always next year.

Roy

I'm thinking I95 to/from the port should be little affected but the effects will be most severe for people with downtown hotels. Is that correct?

I'll breathe a sigh of relief anyway from 3000 miles away, but there's always next year.

Roy

If you avoid 395 into the Inner harbor you will be OK, that road will be closed for the race weekend

Be aware if you are sailing out of Baltimore Labor day weekend; the Baltimore Grand Prix Izod races are that time. Hotels are booked up and there are major traffic delays and closed roads into the Inner Harbor. If you are a race fan it is a great way of beginning or ending your cruise. I was one of the organizers last year and the racing was amazing. Cars were traveling up to 175 mph down the middle of the Inner Harbor.

Have you joined the Roll Call?

I'm thinking down I95 and through the tunnel won't be affected, we could see downtown from the top deck when we took the pride last time, wonder if we can see the cars?

I am a Baltimorian.....traffic will suck everywhere. Probably a week or two before as well. They will be closing roads and all.

This race is stupid. I saw how empty the area was last year.

We are a football town not a raving town. The mayor is stupid....but most learn that the hard way. No idea why she is determine to make this event annual.

Just avoid staying downtown, I'm sure the prices are horrible.

I'm not sure you will be able to see the cars once on ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Thanks for the heads up...we will be sailing from Baltimore on the 26th, the arriving back to Baltimore on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. We don't need a hotel room after we get back, but we will be headed south into Virginia...might need to find an alternate route from Baltimore through NOVA.

If you parked at the cruise terminal and are returning from there to Northern Virginia, no worries.

But downtown traffic, diffciult in ordinary times, will be a mess. I would avoid the Inner Harbor and reserve extra time just to be on the safe side.

Such is Baltimore's inferiority complex that the relativelyj new and inexperienced mayor will try anything. Disaster was barely avoided last year. But no, she wants to try her luck again.

And no, you won't be able to see the cars from your ship.

I would complain about that. Next year she just might run the cars by the ships. . .

If you parked at the cruise terminal and are returning from there to Northern Virginia, no worries.

But downtown traffic, diffciult in ordinary times, will be a mess. I would avoid the Inner Harbor and reserve extra time just to be on the safe side.

Such is Baltimore's inferiority complex that the relativelyj new and inexperienced mayor will try anything. Disaster was barely avoided last year. But no, she wants to try her luck again.

And no, you won't be able to see the cars from your ship.

I would complain about that. Next year she just might run the cars by the ships. . .

You I like :) the mayor is such a moron! Then when she was upset with the council prez for speaking out against the racing she took back Ravens tickets!!!

The race is not worth anyone's time. Baltimore needs a new mayor haha.

If I'm correct she voted against giving the port money to expand......moron!

I am a Baltimorian.....traffic will suck everywhere. Probably a week or two before as well. They will be closing roads and all.

This race is stupid. I saw how empty the area was last year.

We are a football town not a raving town. The mayor is stupid....but most learn that the hard way. No idea why she is determine to make this event annual.

Just avoid staying downtown, I'm sure the prices are horrible.

I'm not sure you will be able to see the cars once on ship.

First it is spelled "racing" not "raving" second, I was one of the 500 volunteers that worked before during and after the race weekend. 160,000 people on Sunday you could not be more wrong about "the area being empty". For those fans, workers and the drivers themselves that said that it was one of the best street races ever.; I will be there again.

You are entitled to your opinion. My idea is take a three day vacation and let the race fans enjoy the C=city of Baltimore.

First it is spelled "racing" not "raving" second, I was one of the 500 volunteers that worked before during and after the race weekend. 160,000 people on Sunday you could not be more wrong about "the area being empty". For those fans, workers and the drivers themselves that said that it was one of the best street races ever.; I will be there again.

You are entitled to your opinion. My idea is take a three day vacation and let the race fans enjoy the C=city of Baltimore.

People do make typos here...

People do make typos here...

They're mad it's ok :) I'm on my phone so I don't catch them all the time.

the race was a complete failure though :) can't hide that! Millions of dollars lost. Poor trees never replaced.

Someone can probably google for photos and videos....some areas were empty looking and people looked bored. I believe they are on the 3rd company for the race this year...

C=city is not a word but it could be a math problem :D

You have your opinion as well but public records don't lie. Baltimore will never be a racing town. We love football too much. Also it has proven to be a failure. It was and still is a very bad idea.

I get you love racing which is fine! I love football while my 2bffs hate it. But racing is not profitable for the city. It's poor enough as it is. Just another crooked Mayor.

Archived