Nassau

travelprincess 123

So very confused. We are sailing on the Norweigian Epic Thanksgiving week. We are in Nassau from 12:00-7:00. Have read lots of information about beaches and tours. Lots of activities leave in the morning so we cannot book those. The tours that the ship offers is not attractive to us. We are a group of 11, both adults and children. Would like a nice clean beach with activities, food and drink. What are our options? Also, would the straw market be open later if we spend some time at the beach. Looked at Blue Lagoon, but I don't think that would work for us because of the time. Thanks

So very confused. We are sailing on the Norweigian Epic Thanksgiving week. We are in Nassau from 12:00-7:00. Have read lots of information about beaches and tours. Lots of activities leave in the morning so we cannot book those. The tours that the ship offers is not attractive to us. We are a group of 11, both adults and children. Would like a nice clean beach with activities, food and drink. What are our options? Also, would the straw market be open later if we spend some time at the beach. Looked at Blue Lagoon, but I don't think that would work for us because of the time. Thanks

This thread might interest you. It sounds like a great place to chill with or without kids.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1648412

• 1 month later...

I am on Epic in December and have also been looking at Blue Lagoon. The Blue Lagoon excursion offered through the ship doesn't leave until 1:30PM and it says it is a 4 1/2 hour excursion. Has anyone done this excursion through Epic? Do you have enough time at Blue Lagoon?

I am on Epic in December and have also been looking at Blue Lagoon. The Blue Lagoon excursion offered through the ship doesn't leave until 1:30PM and it says it is a 4 1/2 hour excursion. Has anyone done this excursion through Epic? Do you have enough time at Blue Lagoon?

I don't think this trip exists in the winter months.

It gets dark around 5pm and everything shuts down at 4pm.

I can't see them ferrying you back at 6pm in the pitch dark.

I don't think this trip exists in the winter months.

It gets dark around 5pm and everything shuts down at 4pm.

I can't see them ferrying you back at 6pm in the pitch dark.

It is offered as an excursion during my cruise. I'm not sure we would be able to book it if it didn't exist. It says it is only for Norwegian Epic and Sun sailings??? They also offer the Sea Lion and Dolphin excursions there as well. One of our group already booked the Sea Lion excursion at Blue Lagoon through the ship and it doesn't start till 2:45PM and it lasts 3 1/2 hours.

Everything I've read about Blue Lagoon states just what you said...that it closes at 4PM....so I am confused!

It is offered as an excursion during my cruise. I'm not sure we would be able to book it if it didn't exist. It says it is only for Norwegian Epic and Sun sailings??? They also offer the Sea Lion and Dolphin excursions there as well. One of our group already booked the Sea Lion excursion at Blue Lagoon through the ship and it doesn't start till 2:45PM and it lasts 3 1/2 hours.

Everything I've read about Blue Lagoon states just what you said...that it closes at 4PM....so I am confused!

In the summer months, some days are extended to do the animal programs (but the beach closes at 3:30 regardless). One thing you can't change is darkness. There is no way to keep darkness from falling, and blue lagoon is not lit like a ball park.. You would NOT get any beach time with either of these times.

Your cruiseline might be offering this tour.. but I can't see it as being enjoyable as you would be rushed back on the ferry before dark.

Archived