Balcony discounts~diamond member

You will definitely need to split up as has been suggested to make it work.

You can check in online with separate credit card numbers to have the charges go to the appropriate couple.

And....when you get onboard you get extra room keys (seapass cards unattached to credit card) for the proper rooms. When you check in online, you can assign separate credit cards to each person so the charges will be correct.

Book you in one room and your husband in the other, after you board gll go to guest services and they will issue new seapass cards for the rooms you actually want to sleep in, you do not need to carry extra keys

I thought the balcony discount was per person so what's the difference between having it twice in one cabin or once each in two separate cabins - if you see what I mean.

Gill

The balcony discount is per cabin. And yes, you will need to split up. And as posted, it is easier to switch people if you have individual charge cards.

The balcony discount is per cabin. And yes, you will need to split up. And as posted, it is easier to switch people if you have individual charge cards.

I've just checked on the Crown & Anchor site and it says "The discount applies on a per-stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value" - I understood this to mean double occupancy by eligible C&A members but maybe that's not the case - or maybe this is yet another inconsistancy between UK and US bookings!

Gill

Since singles pay 200% (almost double the cost, less taxes & fees)...a stateroom occupied by a solo cruiser would receive the stateroom balcony discount.

In the past, when my mother and her male friend have joined us on cruises, the only way to share the discount was to book mom & me in one cabin and the guys in another.

Pardon my awkwardness, mom's friend is over 80, as is my mom....calling him a "boy" friend seems so odd. :o

Archived