Holiday Decorations

Poppet1964

Those stairs look exactly like the stairs on the Summit. Only thing I thought was a little dangerous was that it was hard to reach the handrail over the Poinsettias. But that was in 2003, so I guess Celebrity hasn't had a passenger tumble in 9 years. That we know of.:D

celtic

We have been on several Thanksgiving cruises and on every one of them they start putting up Holiday decorations on the day after Thanksgiving....they put more up every day for a few days until it was a fully decorated. They ships are lovely with all the decorations!

On our Dec. 10 Eclipse sailing last year this Gingerbread house display was the last of the decorations to go up. It smelled great!

That was the last thing to go up on our Dec. 11 Solstice sailing as well. You know I have to say I found all the other decorations in keeping with the style of the ship. As a result they looked great. However, when they put out the gingerbread display I thought it just looked tacky and took away from the other decorations. It had so much stuff on it. It was like they took everything out of Christmas storage that had been left sitting around in grandmas attic over the years and decided to use it. I wish I would have taken a picture. Everyone in our group couldn't believe it. The photo you posted doesn't look as bad, but I still think there has to be a better way to do them!

Archived