Coach, cruise rail vacation

We're in our late 50s and I wonder if we're too young for this. It's a 19-day vacation that's mostly by coach but there are five railway trips and some short cruises in New Zealand.

I don't know if we'd enjoy ourselves on a trip where everything is very structured and there is little room for freelancing, also If the demographics will be too old for us. It seems to cover all the major sites of New Zealand.

Has anyone here done this and wishes to comment?

We're in our late 50s and I wonder if we're too young for this. It's a 19-day vacation that's mostly by coach but there are five railway trips and some short cruises in New Zealand.

I don't know if we'd enjoy ourselves on a trip where everything is very structured and there is little room for freelancing, also If the demographics will be too old for us. It seems to cover all the major sites of New Zealand.

we have done a 19 day coach tour in NZ with Grand Pacific and they are very good, they meet you at the airport and take you around NZ....all of your tours are included in the price.....the only thing you are on a timetable but you do get some free days.....check out the link

http://www.grandpacifictours.com/

There's always the risk that this style of holiday isn't for you, but you'll never know unless you try. I'd always thought of doing Europe by coach, but prefer cruising. You only unpack once and have a big ship to roam around.

Would you consider hiring a campervan or car and doing NZ that way?

Archived