Clothes to pack for september sailing

Robocop42385

I would pack more fall related clothing. By that I mean I would pack mainly long sleeve shirts and long pants and fleece or sweater or sweatshirt and light water proof jacket. You can pack say one pair of shorts just in case but you will likely not use them.

Keith

Just want to add that you could also pack a short sleeve shirt or two but it's not certain whether you will use them but if it is warmer than usual you will. Just like many parts of the world, weather these days is very unpredictable so you just never know.

Keith

Hi, we just got back from the same ports and although you are traveling a month later than when we were there, maybe this will give you some idea of what "summer" is like in Southeast. It was cool and rainy most of the time, and the locals told us that this summer has been one of the coolest and rainiest. The rain was intermittent and mostly light, but when you are outside a lot in all of these ports, you can get pretty wet. The most useful items we packed were lightweight, waterproof rain jackets with hoods. Outside in port, DH mostly wore jeans and flannel shirts, and for me, khakis and long-sleeve knit shirts, with our rain jackets over the top. When it was especially cold (whalewatching for example), we added another layer, such as a sweater or sweatshirt, again with the rain jacket over. We both brought heavier jackets, mine was a light down jacket and his, a heavy fleece, but we rarely wore these. The only time I wore the down jacket was on the White Pass Railway because the train trip is long and the windows are open all the time, which gets pretty chilly. The coldest temps were in the high 50s and the highest, mid-60s. The main issue is staying dry.

Archived