Explorer menu

:eek: We were on the Explorer 2 years ago and everything was fine EXCEPT.... on 3 different nights people at our table ordered steak and they were all disappointed. maybe they got a bad cow.

The waiter, the head waiter the chef were amazed. It was sent back, re ordered and yet another meal was substituted. We ended up with complimentary specialty restaurant reservations as it happened on 3 different occasions. My solution, don't order steak...

Has anyone sailed on Explorer lately?

Their "black angus sirloin" steak on the alternative menu is not good usually. Its a oretty poor quality sirloin and is usually tough as shoe leather. There have been many complaints about this steak and I think they are finally starting to listen.

Apparently once this new menu rolls out, there will be a 6 oz. filet available at no extra charge.

Right now, the only way to get a decent steak in the MDR is to pay 14.95 for the Chops filet.

Their "black angus sirloin" steak on the alternative menu is not good usually. Its a oretty poor quality sirloin and is usually tough as shoe leather. There have been many complaints about this steak and I think they are finally starting to listen.

Apparently once this new menu rolls out, there will be a 6 oz. filet available at no extra charge.

Right now, the only way to get a decent steak in the MDR is to pay 14.95 for the Chops filet.

I remember this being mentioned, but I think someone on Freedom reported yesterday that the always available sirloin was replaced by a New York strip. If it's the same NY strip that is usually on the last night menu, then it may or may not be an improvement. My luck has been about 50% on the NY. Hopefully the menu improvement will extend to this item too.

Bob

I remember this being mentioned, but I think someone on Freedom reported yesterday that the always available sirloin was replaced by a New York strip. If it's the same NY strip that is usually on the last night menu, then it may or may not be an improvement. My luck has been about 50% on the NY. Hopefully the menu improvement will extend to this item too.

Bob

Im 50% on the NY strip too. :) The first time I ordered it on Monarch in May 2010, it was good......I tried it on Radiance and it wasnt so good.

I ordered the Chops filet on the last night of my Freedom cruise.

We were on the Explorer in Jan. this year. We all thought the food was the worse food we have ever had on a cruise . That didn't keep us from having a wonderful time and we sure didn't starve. You can always find something that you like but we were just disappointed. We are going on the Enchantment in Oct. hope the food is better.Looking forward to new menu

Diane cruiseclues

:)

Archived