The Breakaway will finally come into view~!

Zimomiller

What's beside Breakaway? :confused: Blocks for Breakaway (obviously one block is the theatre so probably), or is that Getaway or Sunshine?

My guess is they are the next blocks for the forward sections. As soon as Reflection floats out, they'll probably start putting in place. It's fascinating to watch this come together, isn't it?

What's beside Breakaway? :confused: Blocks for Breakaway (obviously one block is the theatre so probably), or is that Getaway or Sunshine?

Yes, one of the previous blog pics showed a new section of mid-ship hull arriving this week by barge so after Sunday they'll move that in and then build the blocks above it and repeat..

It's so great watching it and spotting like on the side, the blocks with the gaps for stairwells etc..

The Aida ship in the adjacent dock of the 2-berth shed is due for delivery next March so would imagine one would be used for Getaway and the other for RCls Sunshine project 1.

Breakaway is about 40ft longer than the Celebrity one in so not sure if they'll move it down and start Getaway behind as it seems a tight fit now and the blocks will be the same size unless they start a smaller portion?

I booked us into deck 14 aft balcony, and counting the decks, very top level is 14. I can't believe we're going to be so high up. I'm so excited!

My only concern would be a very dark balcony on the top 14th level, as the overhang is completely covering the balcony. This aft shape is very similar to Royal Caribbean Voyager class ships except for steel superstructure breakaway does not have.

I'll take one of those balconies that's covered. I'm extremely hot natured and prefer the shade!

Anyone notice that it looks like you may be able to walk all the way around the aft section of the promenade deck and look into the manhatten room?

Nearly right. Manhattan rm is one deck below and has windows to the edge. The wrap-around is deck 8 waterfront level so it's around Cagneys and Moderno which will already have windows out to seated areas at the sides.

Also traditionally the lifeboat deck is the promenade deck so have no doubt that will remain albeit enclosed like Epics and then waterfront "boardwalk" deck above.

Archived