Just Land vs. Cruise & Land

GrandCanyon2005

Yes, I lived in Anchorage for 3 months in 1983 and in Fairbanks for 3 months in 1986 ... I'm pretty set on what I want to do in the Interior, Homer, and Kodiak ... but have actually never been to Juneau, Skagway, or Ketchikan. After hearing that they were all primarily Princess owned, I began thinking of just doing the Glacier part out of Seward/Whittier or even staying at Glacier Park Lodge for a couple of nights.

Not sure where you got the idea the port towns were Princess Owned..yes the cruiselines own some of the shops, but if you are like me and don't really cruise to shop, it will not be a problem. In each port you can get away from the downtown and have some truly amazing experiences visiting the wilderness of Alaska. It takes money, but you truly can have an amazing AK experience along the cruise ship route. I love combining the cruise with interior.

If you're AARP members, you might get the best car rental rate there. I was able to do better there than anywhere else for our upcoming trip.

Thanks for the suggestion...after checking, it was over $700 for a 5 day rental thru AARP. I think my $270 rental is going to be the best I find! :(

Cruisin' Mama - just checked the Enterprise website this morning - they're offering their August deals again. Compact car rental for a week is again $99.99 - from all locations including the airport. Check it out!

Thanks for the heads up, but I just posted on the thread that you started that those prices are already gone....it's now $499 for a compact at the 5th St. location and $350 at the airport.

But, I appreciate you looking out for all of us looking for deals!!!!

Archived