Window Suite F301 on Grand Princess

candide333

SusieO, I have some questions about how your son was accommodated in the Window Suite #301 since that is not a wheelchair accessible suite. Did your son's wheelchair fit through the stateroom door and the bathroom door? If so, what size wheelchair does he have? Did they put a ramp at the bathroom over the step? I thought the standard window suite had a bathtub--is this the case and if so, did Princess provide a transfer bench and was there a handheld shower? Were there any bars in the room?

I wanted to find out what other options there might be when the wheelchair accessible window suite is not available. So I appreciate the information you can provide. Thanks.

Hello, this is SusieO's son. My wheelchair did fit through the stateroom door just fine but not the bathroom door. My wheelchair is about 30 inches wide. There is a jacuzzi tub and shower in the bathroom. The tub does have a handheld shower and I did not use a transfer bench although I'm sure if requested they would provide one. There weren't any handheld bars in the bathroom but the toilet is so close to the tub I didn't have any issues. I hope this helps! Happy cruising!

Thanks for the information, Mikeyto.

I had thought/hoped that there might be a possible option when the wheelchair accessible window suite is booked if the room structurally would accommodate a wheelchair (doorways wide enough), if Princess provided other accommodation such as ramps, rails and handheld shower. But if the bathroom door is not wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair, we couldn't use that as our family member has to use a wheelchair and would not be able to walk into the bathroom and would have difficulty using the toilet without grab bars to use to transfer onto the toilet.

As you probably found out, with there only being one wheelchair accessible window suite, it can be difficult to book, especially since Princess doesn't really control the booking to ensure only people who need the accessible features book it. I am glad you were able to use the standard window suite and enjoyed your cruise.

We were in F309 on the Golden Princess to Hawaii. It looked exactly like the pictures above. Since we spent so much time on the water it didn't matter that we didn't have a balcony. If I were going to the Caribbean, I would want a balcony. We had so much drawer and closet space that we could have stayed for weeks. The bathroom was wonderful and breakfast at Sabatini's was special. They also brought us hors d'oeuvres every afternoon.

Archived