Possibly Stupid Question

shelkate1

I recently booked a spring cruise with just my sister and daughters. We always book early saver, but in wanting to book early, we took advantage of the half price deposit sale. Now ALL the fares are cheaper than what I paid. According to the website there is NO penalty for cancelling. Is that the only way I can change fares? If so I will wait until I make a couple more payments for a full deposit and cancel only to immediately re-book. But do you think I can call and just roll my reservation to a different fare?

I hope no one thinks this is a stupid question because I really am not sure I know the answer.

I believe I have read other responses where anyone is elgible for a price descrease - fare drop - up until final payment....then, only after final payment is when those of us with ES qualify for additional proce drops...

.....but I wouldn't be sitting on here waiting for an answer, call Carnival!!

Yes, you can. I was booked as Fun Select on one cruise, then switched over to Early Saver when I was more sure that I was definitely going. One quick phone call, and they took care of it. You'll just have to put the rest of the money down to cover the full deposits.

You can wait until your payments would equal the deposit. But just remember that the rates could change by that time and you will get the going rate at the time you change fares.

And also you never know when ES might go away for the category you are in. And remember it will definitely go away 5 months before the sailing. So as soon as you can get the money together for the full deposit I would make the switch.

Sharon

Archived