Reflection wedding - how to book

susiej4

Hi all,

My son and his fiancé would like to get married on board either next March or next November. I would appreciate an idea of whether it is advisable to go through a TA or through Celebrity itself. I have not planned for a group before. Do they offer discounts for groups above a certain number? If you know a super TA I wld love a pm with their info also.

Thank you,

Sue

Celebrity uses The Wedding Experience for their weddings-google it and you'll find it.

You would not use a TA to book a wedding like this, and having done a destination wedding, let me tell you that you want as few people involved with booking and planning as possible-it's complicated enough. Use a TA to book the cabins themselves maybe, but not the wedding.

Costs for destination weddings don't always decrease with a larger party-indeed ours was higher.

We were married last year on Seven Mile Beach on Grand Cayman, while on a Western Caribbean itinerary. We did not use the cruise line wedding planner, but instead found a local officiant who also offers wedding packages for small groups. We had a very small party, so it worked well.

I'd suggest a few of things. First, browse the Cruise Weddings forum here on CC-you'll learn a lot. Second, have an idea where they want to get married-at sea, an island, on the beach, etc. We chose Grand Cayman, not knowing that winds often prevent ships from docking there and ships often miss that port. We were quite lucky. Third, contact The Wedding Experience and see what they have. Also, see if there are local wedding planners if there is a specific destination in mind. I think you'll find them to be more personable. We found The Wedding Experience to be rather expensive for a small group, and our assigned planner was not the most helpful.

Archived