Voyager "LIVE" now getting ready to leave!!

your bags may be packed, but mine are still on the ship~came into Bayone this morning and I am missing a piece of luggage. I will get back on the ship to retreive it. It was a great week. I have a business trip in 10 days and all my dress clothes are in the garment bag. Maybe it will turn up!

Yes, you do look like Josh Groban!! The pictures on the webcam are great.

Hope you have a great week. We have been on VOS twice. Great ship.

If you are on VOS now could you please find out who the Guest Relations Manager is?? Its a long story. Anyway, we are neighbors here in South Jersey.

Did they sail at 6 sharp?

We are on her in two weeks and we have 1st seating dinner. I hate to miss sail away, but I think dinner starts at the same time.

In my opinion, very poor planning on RCCL's part.

trvlexprt:

Have a great time....we drove over from Jersey today to be there to watch the ship go out. We didnt know what time she was sailing so we got there around 1:30. We messed around in the area and found a good spot on the Brooklyn side of the Verrazano Bridge to watch. It was a beautiful day and a great way to spend it. The park there was nice to sit and watch people flying kites, playing with their kids and people walking their dogs.

We saw the Norwegian Dawn come under the bridge around 4:45. You guys came thru there around 6:45. We were just about to call it a day when we spotted the ship coming under the bridge. What a great site. We had a great time. It was a great way to spend a beautiful day.

I see there was other people as well that had the same idea, from the pics that have been posted on the boards. We should have all thought this out before and all agreed to meet there at the bridge and had a cruise critic picnic party to toast the first sailing to Bermuda. It would have been great.

Wishing you Smooth sails, beautiful weather and a bounty of new friends on this cruise.

We are - me (mom - 54), daughter, Danielle 32, daughter, Nicole, 22, daughter, Samantha 21, Nicole's significant other, Jesse, 30, grandson, Zachary, 11, and grandaughter, Kacie, 5. We can't wait. Spending two days in NY before the cruise and one day after. See you on board.

Jacki

I'm not too sure just where that hotel is but I know that it's only about 15-20 minutes the most from the port. I work in NY so I have to go through the Holland tunnel & I know that the hotel is not too far from there.

I've eaten at Casa Donti (I think that's how you spell it) & the food is great if you like Italian, I'm not from that part of NJ so I don't know of too many places to eat there.

is where we are staying. Do you know how far away we are from the port? Supposed to be a very nice hotel with a great view. Any good suggestions for dinner?

Jacki

JacDro - the Hyatt in Jersey City definitely has a nice view of Manhattan! I see it every day from across the river, and it looks like a very beautiful hotel. For dining, you might want to try taking the NY Waterway ferry to lower Manhattan. From there, you can walk to TriBeCa, where Tribeca Grill (Robert DeNiro's place), Nobu (where the celebrities go - make reservations here), and lots of more low-key but great restaurants are (Landmarc on W. B'way is very good.) If you want to go to midtown or elsewhere you can always take a cab.

Hope this helps - let me know if you'd like some more restaurant or other suggestions for Manhattan!

Happy travels!

Thanks so much. My 21 year old daughter, Samantha, just mentioned yesterday she wants to see Manhattan. Please, tell us some spots not too miss. The Tribeca Grill interests me but I am sure my daughters would love to see some celebrities -- not too many here in MI:)

Thanks so much.

Jacki

I don't work to far from the Hyatt. Some advice is to book in advance. I have some co workers that fly in sometimes and they are booked. There is also a Double Tree close by. One advantage staying there is you can walk to Newport Mall. The walk from Hyatt to Double Tree is about 10 15 min.

We are taking our teen on the Voyager July 15th. Did most teens stick to jackets on informal night and how many informal nights are there. I have a suit for formal night but hate to keep buying clothes they will never wear again.

What is Newport Mall? We are already booked at the Hyatt and anxious to hear about things to do in the area. My daughters want to spend all their time in New York (Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Tiffany's for my 21 year old, Empire State Building, Tiffany's for my 21 year.....

Thanks for the help and advice.

Jacki

Newport Mall is just that...a mall, nothing fancy & nothing different. You can take the Path train into NYC (downtown) & this will leave you at the World Trade Center station, this is right under Ground Zero. Once you walk upstairs you will see the famos Century 21 department store (great designer things for cheaper prices). Beware of street vendors claiming that they are selling designer things, they are all knock offs. Once you get done with Century's you can head down to Battery Park where you can catch the ferry over to the Statue of Liberty. Once you are done with Statue of Liberty you can head uptown to Tiffs, Rock. Center, Macy's, Empire State Builing & don't forget to stop in to see how they redid Grand Central Station.

Hope to see you on the cruise so I can find out how many sites you were able to get in.

Thanks so much -- we arrive early Friday morning, the 27th, so we will have all day Friday and Saturday and then the Friday we return until the afternoon of the 3rd. We will do as much as we can. Sounds like figuring out how to get around is going to be the hardest part.

We are on Deck 7 and will put boards on our doors to communicate with each other -- three separate rooms -- so we know where we are on the ship and what we are doing to be able to find each other. Drop us a note. I will be the one with the big grin:).

Jacki

There is a little bus called connections that will take you from Battery Park up to the Village or reverse that starts at 10:00 & that is free, yes I said free. I take it every night outside my building down to Battery Park to catch the bus to NJ. You just wait on the stops and it will pick you up, when you want to get off the bus you just tell the driver, when you are ready to go to your next site downtown just stand on the bus stop again and the next bus will pick you up. Here is the website http://www.downtownNY.com.

I am on the 8th fl. in the middle of the ship, I just can't wait to get out of here for a week.

Archived