Kenai Fjords Pre-Cruise & Dinner is at 6:00

Rustys Mom

We plan on the Kenai Fjords National Park tour before boarding the Millenium. Our dinner is at 6:00. We certainly can't be dressed up for dinner while on the fjords tour. I imagine it could be cold and windy so had planned on wearing jeans and taking a rain coat. The tour is from 11:30 to 5:30. Should we just forget about dinner that night in the dining room? I checked us in and printed our passes, but I don't know how long it will take to get to our cabins and if we have time to change or even if we can get to the dining room by 6:00.

We are spending the night before in Seward and our hotel will take our bags to the dock. Should we keep our carry on with our change of clothes with us on the tour?

Any help would be appreciated.

Barb

We have found that on the first night the Maitre D's are much more lenient regarding the Celebrity MDR dress code. That being said, departing Seward on a nice evening is very pretty, and even though you have done a Kenai Fjords tour earlier that day the view will be different from a higher vantage point. This might be a nice evening to have a casual dinner on deck 10 while enjoying the view.

I agree with Northern Aurora. Pretty much all cruise lines I have sailed on have a very relaxed dress code the first night. Many people's luggage will not even have been delivered to their room yet before dinner.

Dress down and enjoy dinner, whether it is in the MDR or elsewhere. Normally sailaway from Seward with most cruise lines is 8pm or later. So having dinner in the MDR will also allow you to be out on deck for sailaway.

So I guess we just go with the flow. We will plan on keeping our carry ons with us and hope we can get to the dining room by 6:00. I hope there will be others in jeans. I will call the dining room when we get on board if we can't make it on time. I would hate to hold up dinner for others at our table. We don't sale away until 8 so will have time to get out on deck for the sail away.

Barb

Archived