Back to back question

Kerrupt

Plus you get twice the cruise for the same transportation dollar.

Thats exactly what I am thinking. The flights to FL last time were almost as much as my cruise, which is why I want the next one out of NJ. But if I can get a b2b with different itinerary its even better. However I doubt work would give me two weeks off haha

There's nothing like really enjoying the last night of the first cruise and not having to worry about leaving in the morning:)

I always take my own suit cases off with me. Makes it much more relaxed while people are scambling looking for their stuff. I imagine its similar

We try to only book B2Bs and the process varies from port to port and even from leg to leg in the same port...here are some recent scenarios:

On Serenade out of San Juan, we had a norovirus outbreak during the first leg and everyone was forced to leave the ship for "deep cleaning" on turnaround day. There was a lot of confusion leading up to the day but once we actually began the departure is was seamless. We were all given free excursions, our new key card, and a florescent card to flash as we breezed past EVERYONE when we returned to the terminal at 1pm. We never stood in line...went to the front of every line and was processed through or told to bypass the line.

On our Oasis B2B we only had to walk to customs, receive our new key card, and reboard the ship...about a 10 minute process....lunch was provided in Giovannis.

On our Enchantment it was the same as above but they were working on the "ding" machines near customs and we had to stand around for about 15 minutes while we waited for them to reassemble them.

On our Freedom B2B it took about 10 minutes with a quick walk to customs and back.

On our B2B2B2B on the Monarch it was similar to the Freedom experience.

...the others were quick also. So, from our experiences, the system works great unless either departing guests try to linger, norovirus hits, or they decide to rearrange the "ding" machines. Other than the Serenade we've never had to board in the midst of incoming cruisers.

What did you do? I'd think you would tire of the ports very quickly

The Monarch B2B2B2B served a unique cruising purpose. My wife had just had bunion surgery and we were quickly developing cabin fever. While waiting for her to heal we came to the conclusion that she could sit at home or lounge on a cruise ship, I wouldn't have to cook, and the crew could pamper her. We picked the Monarch because we liked her and knew that my wife would not have to walk far while on the ship; also the ports were repeats. We are "beach people" and enjoy relaxing on the beach under an umbrella...Coco Cay fit our lifestyle. It was a perfect cruise. The 4th leg was college spring break and the ship was packed with college students. We had a fantastic time with them.:):)

Plus you get twice the cruise for the same transportation dollar.

This is it, exactly. We are doing a B2B in a few months as a way of becoming Diamond C&A for our longer cruise next year. :D From western Canada, airfare to any embarkation port on the East coast or Europe can be expensive.

HI, Interesting and nice information. My TA said we'd have new sea-passes in our room the night before and not have to get off the ship at all...Your way sounds fun, so we'll have to actually see how EX does in near the end of 2013...Already excited and it's SO FAR away...[/q

Thanks. We are doing our second B2B this December and looking to it again.

Archived