Skagway Shopping

GlendaleCruiser

I was recently in Skagway and went into a store that sold a very distinct style of jacket with an Athabascan Alaskan style. I wish I had gotten one and cannot find a website for them. The one I like was red with black and white design on it.

Does anyone remember that store or have a card/website for them?

Also, I saw purses in the same or a nearby store that were a red woven material and wish I had stopped in there, too.......

Anyone have a link to either of them?

What's the name of the store? Maybe we can find a phone number for them so you can call them. If's it a locally owned store they may not have a website. Most all of the shops close in the off season.

That's the problem. I can't remember the name of the store. Loved what I saw but got distracted and thought, "I'm going to go back and look there". Think it might have been two stores: One with purses and the other with the jackets and cute Alaska sweatshirts, kind of upscale. As you look at the main street in Skagway from the port they are on the left (East?) side of the street. If someone is going there soon, I would appreciate the information. I could even write to them.

Fairbanks is in the middle of the Athabascan cultural area. The traditional Athabascan style jacket is either fur or smoked moosehide. Since the jacket you saw was red woven fabric with black and white I am wondering if you saw a Tlingit style jacket. Have you tried a google search of Tlingit clothing?

Fairbanks is in the middle of the Athabascan cultural area. The traditional Athabascan style jacket is either fur or smoked moosehide. Since the jacket you saw was red woven fabric with black and white I am wondering if you saw a Tlingit style jacket. Have you tried a google search of Tlingit clothing?

No! i hadn't thought of that. I will see if I can find anything online!

Thanks!!

I bought a beautiful woven purse in a shop called Loom. They didn't sell jackets and I don't remember if there was a clothing store nearby.

I'm thinking there were two stores..................Thanks for the info.!

They don't have a website up and running yet but I'll keep watching for it. I'm sure it sounds like the right shop.

AND DID I SAY...........................YOU GUYS ROCK!

If I had to guess I would think it might be William and Anthony on 4th and Broadway they have upscale jackets ad unusual sweaters etc. their number is 907-983-2860, http://williamandanthony.com/ keep me posted if this isn't it I will look for the one you are talking about.

THAT'S WHERE I SAW THE JACKETS!

You all are the BEST EVER! !

Can't thank you enough.

Archived