Discounted t-shirts, mugs, magnets, etc.?

Do the ships discount their logo merchandise at the end of your cruise? I've read that things are discounted at the end of a cruising season, for instance, September on Alaska routes, but how about just during the cruise week?

Amanda:)

If the logo merchandise has the itinerary printed and the ship is leaving that particular itinerary, then they will discount the stuff. I got a beach bag and coffee mug on two of my cruises when the ships were being shuffled around a few years ago. Really low prices, at least as far as the cruise lines go.

:D :D

On the Rhapsody last month, on our last sea day, they did 40% off most of the Pocket t's, windbreakers etc. Some t shirts were 2 for $20. Didn't see much in the way of discounts on mugs or the ship models or name brand logo merchandise. One thing I did purchase that came in very handy on shore excursions was the Blue & Yellow Shoulder/Back Pack they sold in the ships store. Very easy to cary over one shoulder and you could strap 2 beach towels to it, leaving more room inside. It was $19.95.

I agree that there were not big discounts toward the end of the week but did see some. If you are of common size or are looking for popular items then they may not be available if you wait toward the end of the week waiting for a bargain.

As far as discounts at the end of a cruise season (such as Alaska), they do sometimes have significant discounts on itinerary specific merchandise. On a short Radiance end of season Alaska cruise we took, they had the smoked salmon and things like that 50% off--oh yeah, it was good!

As far as other sales, most of the liquor prices (esp. for buying more than one of the same item--you know, 1 for $9; 2 for $16; 3 for $20, etc.) are the same throughout the cruise. Each day it seems that some merchandise is on special sale tables often "themed" (such as T's and sweatshirts one day and watches on another). Of course, this may be stuff that isn't moving or is being discontinued. But it can be good for getting less expensive souveniers for family or friends.

beachchick

I found it interesting overhearing people talk about waiting until the last day to buy stuff on the ship. They'd say things like, "wait until the last day and they'll really drop the prices. They know we're getting off then." I guess it never occured to them that another 2,000 people would be getting on as soon as they got off.

For the most part, I've noticed different things on sale every day. If you see something on sale you like, get it then because it might not be at a reduced price the rest of the voyage.

I've never done and end of season voyage but we'll be close to the end of the Alaska season when we sail Vision next year. I'll have to keep an eye on the prices to see how good the deals are.

Archived