Club Mariner

Port 11

Hi,

does anyone know how to find out if there is a 'Club Mariner' on a particular sailing. it was easy on the old web site, but I cannot find anything on the new one. I want to know so I can avoid the sailings! (I seem to remember they were during June to end Aug in the Med?)

Avoid school holidays and summer vacation. Though at Christmas a couple yrs ago we only had 20 kids and this year about the same at Easter... We rarely ever saw the children, and they in many cases are better behaved and better dressed than adults around them :)

Congratulations for finding that. Now we know which cruises to avoid. I'm wondering where the Alaska cruises are. Perhaps they simply do not need Club Mariner on such a port intensive cruise:confused:

Only the children's reduced price sailings are on that list - i.e. the Med and the Baltic cruises. They haven't had reduced prices for children in Alaska since 2010. So while the reduced price list is a start it is not the end. I agree with the rest of you that the Club Mariner info is only up to date for the remainder of 2012.

They do have Club Mariner on the Alaska sailings in June, July, and early August. Pretty much what you would expect for North American summer vacation time. IIRC it was the 2nd week of June through the 2nd week of August sailings in years past.

Thanks,

I had already looked at these and also found only 2012, hence my question on CC.

If you are trying to book early, as many do, you need the sort of info about CM to help you decide - you really should not just have to guess, RSSC should make this sort of info available early, unless of course ........ They don't want us to know?

• 4 weeks later...

just called RSSC and was told they discontinued kids Club Mariner program a couple of months ago. We are disappointed and will switch to Crystal now as this is a deal breaker for our family... For the past 6 years we cruised Regent as a family at Christmas and were planning on a Med cruise next summer.....

just called RSSC and was told they discontinued kids Club Mariner program a couple of months ago. We are disappointed and will switch to Crystal now as this is a deal breaker for our family... For the past 6 years we cruised Regent as a family at Christmas and were planning on a Med cruise next summer.....

Crystal reportedly has a wonderful children's program..... enjoy!

Although you will not have the same small ship feel and familiarity with the ship/crew, I think that Crystal is a wonderful choice for a family cruise. If our daughter and son-in-law were able to take time off over the holiday season, we would definitely place Crystal as our first choice.

I am surprised that Regent has totally cancelled the Mariner program. We had a fabulous multi-generation cruise on Regent and, at that time, they had just started the program. Perhaps Regent is attempting to redefine itself as an adult (as opposed to a family) cruise line to entice those passengers who want an adult only environment. I hope that this information has been given to travel agents to ensure that they do not book families who believe that there will be a children's program. That could be a nightmare for everyone.

I just think it is really interesting that they would d/c club mariner on Regent while at the same time introducing children's programming on Oceania.

As Cruise Critic said in May about Oceania - "one of the most resolutely adult-oriented cruise lines in the industry" and quoting FDR to say "One of the good things about having two lines is learning from each other".

I just can't reconcile this.

Archived