Is there anything good to do on the mainland

jackg962

Lots of shopping, nice beaches, lots of bars (gee, sounds just like Coz :confused:) and if you tour from Play del Carmen to Tulum or Coba or other spots you can see Mayan ruins. The ferry ride can be rough and I would only go to see the ruins on a cruiseline sponsored tour to ensure that I did not miss my ship because of some transportation issue.

Good luck! :)

XCARET, XPLOR, Xel-Ha, Cenotes, Zip-lines, Avenida 5, Wonderful restaurants, Tulum Ruins, Coba Ruins, Lots to do. Although I like Cozumel so we stay on Coz when cruising and take seperate week long vacations to Riv. Maya because there is so much to do there.

There are things to do on the mainland as others have posted. We did Tulum the last time. However, it does make a really long day to do any of the aforementioned excursions.

For the first time in Cozumel, I always suggest people stay in Cozumel as there are plenty of options. On my first trip to Cozumel with my mom, we stayed in Cozumel and it was an amazing day. I think subsequent trips might warrant a trip to Tulum, XCaret,etc. Unless, of course, you really, really want to see Mayan ruins and then you should check out Tulum.

Archived