15 nights QM2 - how many formals?

Tobysmum

Hi everyone

Thanks for previous questions answered.

We are booked on the Northern Highlights cruise on QM2 in May 2013. Out of the 15 nights on board, how many are likely to be formal? I think I'm ok for outfits (although any excuse to shop for more is always well received!) but my husband is wondering how many shirts to take for his tuxedo - how many more than his current total of one will he need?! If there are going to be numerous formal nights, the drycleaning bill could become a bit over the top!

Hi everyone

Thanks for previous questions answered.

We are booked on the Northern Highlights cruise on QM2 in May 2013. Out of the 15 nights on board, how many are likely to be formal? I think I'm ok for outfits (although any excuse to shop for more is always well received!) but my husband is wondering how many shirts to take for his tuxedo - how many more than his current total of one will he need?! If there are going to be numerous formal nights, the drycleaning bill could become a bit over the top!

You are on a fairly port intensive trip so if I had to guess I would say 5 or 6 formals. The laundry service is very good and charge $6 for a formal shirt so if I were him I would only take a couple.

A lot of nights are formal on Cunard....check your pre boarding documents. Or call the line or your TA.

And don't forget that unlike other lines, when you are sailing on Cunard:

smart casual means a jacket.

semi formal means a jacket with tie.

formal means a black suit or tux.

A lot of nights are formal on Cunard....check your pre boarding documents. Or call the line or your TA.

And don't forget that unlike other lines, when you are sailing on Cunard:

smart casual means a jacket.

semi formal means a jacket with tie.

formal means a black suit or tux.

Yes, we'd worked out that we're going to be 'dressing up' a lot more than usual for our trip! I think we'll buy a couple of shirts and utilise the laundry facilities, or maybe our OBC can be put to good use with dry-cleaning fees!:)

You are on a fairly port intensive trip so if I had to guess I would say 5 or 6 formals. The laundry service is very good and charge $6 for a formal shirt so if I were him I would only take a couple.

Thanks Cap'n. I think your advice of dry-cleaning is a good idea - the idea of washing and ironing on a 'holiday of a lifetime' is a bit of a downer!:)

I would say 4 to 5 formal nights and, as stated, fellow passengers dress very well. Although we respected the dress code every night, we longed for at least one casual night to give the old Tux and jacket a rest. I only brought one formal shirt as I only have one and the laundry service was excellent and prompt.

Archived