Pregnant Cruiser cancelling

Simplertimes

So, it looks like a cruiser is going to have to cancel her cruise because she MAY be pregnant. Haven't confirmed yet with doctor, but looks like it is a good possibility and would deliver around the date of the cruise.

She was in a room with 2 others. All booked early saver. Didn't get the insurance, so looks like will lose $50 and get a certificate to cruise in the future. A couple of questions.

Her $250 deposit was actually paid using one of her roommate's credit card. Can that person get the $200 future credit instead of the one who has to cancel? She just doesn't see herself cruising over the next 2 years, so would be of more use to the person whose credit card was used.

The second question is regarding the 2 remaining people going. They realize their cruise fare will increase because they had split the total cost between the 3 of them (2 full fares, 3rd was the lower rate). When the call is made to cancel the first cruiser, the only thing that will affect them is what they will pay and be moved to a 2-person room, correct? They are worried they will have to cancel the entire booking, all losing the $50 and then have to rebook.

Also have another couple who booked, getting a surprise divorce, but that's for another day.

I don't know why I was stuck with the job of coordinating this group cruise and now I have to figure out other people's issues.

They wouldnt necessarily be moved out of the triple. I would not move voluntarily. If Carnival needs the cabin, let them move them to a same category or higher cabin.

Yes, the person who paid the deposit can get the credit. used to require a fax, but I have heard its now easier and might not require the same fax.

Im assuming you are before final payment (otherwise cancellation penalties would apply, not the $50 fee). So assuming they only paid their deposits .. nothing will change for the 2 left in the cabin.

What the final payment is will change will be lower is all. Carnival has nothing to do with how the girls split the payment. Nothing changes with Carnival.

You just have to provide proof that the person put the deposit on their card (copy of statement) and in the past they have required a signed affidavit. When that is done, the $200 is for a future cruise. If you get someone really nice, or you have a PVP to go to bat for you, you might get the credit on this cruise. Good luck.

As for two people in a three person cabin, I personally would pick my own cabin and change. If the cruise if far out, Carnival will most likely change your cabin, and you could end up anywhere. When this happened to me, I switched asap.

Good luck.

Friendship can sometimes sting. The only person to lose money is the one who used her credit card, not the person who was helped. If there is money lost, I'd attempt to retrieve it from the other person as she will be getting off scottfree for cancelling.

Why can't she go to the drugstore and get a pregnancy kit?

So, it looks like a cruiser is going to have to cancel her cruise because she MAY be pregnant. Haven't confirmed yet with doctor, but looks like it is a good possibility and would deliver around the date of the cruise.

She was in a room with 2 others. All booked early saver. Didn't get the insurance, so looks like will lose $50 and get a certificate to cruise in the future. A couple of questions.

Her $250 deposit was actually paid using one of her roommate's credit card. Can that person get the $200 future credit instead of the one who has to cancel? She just doesn't see herself cruising over the next 2 years, so would be of more use to the person whose credit card was used.

The second question is regarding the 2 remaining people going. They realize their cruise fare will increase because they had split the total cost between the 3 of them (2 full fares, 3rd was the lower rate). When the call is made to cancel the first cruiser, the only thing that will affect them is what they will pay and be moved to a 2-person room, correct? They are worried they will have to cancel the entire booking, all losing the $50 and then have to rebook.

Also have another couple who booked, getting a surprise divorce, but that's for another day.

I don't know why I was stuck with the job of coordinating this group cruise and now I have to figure out other people's issues.

They do not have to move cabins unless they want to, that is an urban myth that certain people love to claim is always a fact.

Archived